Invoking email client

Moderators: jojobear99, Rdsok

stevezygote
Still here

Invoking email client

Post by stevezygote » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:27 pm

I have searched the forum but can't locate an answer. In addition, I hope I'm posting this to the right section. If not, then sorry.

I have Windows Vista Home Premium. I recently installed Office on this system. Prior to that I was using (and prefer) Windows Mail. Poptray defaults to Office Outlook. When I tried to change it to Windows Mail by accessing the program in my Program Files, it pops up as a new user without any prior established profile and my inbox. I'm not sure at this point how to proceed and until such time as I get clarification, I'll have to uninstall Poptray, which is a pity!! :? :?

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:56 pm

The issue you mention should have nothing to do with Poptray and everything to how your Winmail is setup ( or not setup )...

First test the following command from the run line...

For Vista 32 bit...
"C:\Program Files\Windows Mail\WinMail.exe"

For Vista 64 bit...
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Mail\WinMail.exe"

If it opens like you want, then add that to Poptray or PoptrayU Options->Default settings for Email client. If that doesn't open as you expect, then you need to setup your WinMail first since it will open the default user settings by default.

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:58 pm

PS.... You may want to change what your default email client is in Windows also if you aren't going to use MS Outlook... see http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wind ... il-program

stevezygote
Still here

Been there, done that

Post by stevezygote » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:30 pm

I've tried both of these suggestions. As I said, it loads Winmail but not with my "profile"... It's as if I've never used Winmail before, even prompts for a user.

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Re: Been there, done that

Post by Rdsok » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:40 pm

stevezygote wrote:I've tried both of these suggestions. As I said, it loads Winmail but not with my "profile"... It's as if I've never used Winmail before, even prompts for a user.
Then your issue is with your Winmail....

Poptray has no control over the default email client settings for your Windows nor what user account your email client opens by default.... Blaming Poptray won't cause or fix the issues you have with your settings on your email client.

stevezygote
Still here

Stop

Post by stevezygote » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:52 pm

Please. I was in no way attempting to afix blame. I was merely looking for a solution. If you thought I was attempting to blame something, then I've mis-communicated supremely. And perhaps you've mis-interpreted.