error "Connect Errror - Connection Closed Gracefully"

Moderators: jojobear99, Rdsok

Marc Linville
First Timer

error "Connect Errror - Connection Closed Gracefully"

Post by Marc Linville » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:37 pm

This just started yesterday (12/11).
Recently received notice from AT&T that I had to update email settings - checked those, and they are all as specified by AT&T
Any ideas?

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:31 am

Moved to the proper forum area for this type of issue that is NOT a bug but an indication that something is not setup properly... A bug is from a flaw in the program and not from improper settings types of issues as this so obviously is since it only happened after the change to your ISP settings.

First double check those settings they mentioned... See http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp ... kDKhoduwhk

Note that you also need to enable the SSL plugin as well as change the port being used ... After enabling the plugin and making the other required changes... close PoptrayU completely and then restart it.

Other possible causes could be incorrect firewall settings that caused PoptrayU to be blocked. Email server issues can also cause it but it is much less common.

sanimirza
First Timer

Post by sanimirza » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:54 am

Bateman, I forgot to mention, please let me know as well if you are using a regional setting other than US english on your copy of windows (such as German). I have seen bugs before that only popped up with Italian regional settings for example

jojobear99
PopTrayU Developer

Post by jojobear99 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:32 pm

Marc, as Rdsok said, you will need to check the "Use SSL/TLS" checkbox to make a successful connection on port 995. If that checkbox is disabled, the SSL plugin is not installed correctly. I suspect it is trying to make an insecure connection on the secure connection port, and the server is rejecting it for that reason.
---
Jessica Brown
Developer of PopTrayU