Pop Tray won't go to Tray

Moderators: jojobear99, Rdsok

jimdwest
Still here

Pop Tray won't go to Tray

Post by jimdwest » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:51 pm

After clicking on "To Tray", Pop Tray v. 3.2 just disappears. Does not appear in tray. Only way to get it going again is to restart from the original icon.

Yesterday all was okay, and haven't done or downloaded anything new. No changes to computer.
James D. West
www.IndianaMilitary.org
Indiana Military History

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:38 am

What version of Windows?

Did you check to see if it was simply hidden in the tray area?

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:18 am

Since it may be a while before I can check back and since you haven't responded yet...

Just in case it's XP.... see viewtopic.php?t=3718&highlight=system+tray

Those suggestions may also work on other versions but the issue of a hidden system tray icon is a known bug that XP has... ( ie, it isn't Poptray's fault but we still deal with it when possible )

jimdwest
Still here

Missing Pop Tray

Post by jimdwest » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:07 pm

Running WIN 7. Checked all I could, and never found it. Turned the computer on this morning and there it is, just as it is supposed to be. And this is even after re-starting the computer several times yesterday. Go Figure.

Next question I sent, but has not been answered yet - I tried to download the Pop Tray (U). Three attempts and get the EXE file on the compute with no trouble, but when clicking on it, nothing happens. Never get a program or icon or any indication it was successful.
James D. West
www.IndianaMilitary.org
Indiana Military History

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:52 pm

If you didn't post the question here... we have nothing to do with where you sent whatever it was... I also didn't see you post in the PoptrayU discussion area either... so I suspect you sent an error report from the program perhaps but that won't generate a reply... it just reports the error so it can be tracked down by the programmer.

Check the MD5 hash for the download you got... I just downloaded the v5 beta9u and it is fine... the hash I get is

7BC77A66E305ED8B199A6B65854C400C

If you downloaded the same version and your MD5 doesn't match... it's entirely an issue on your side ( ie your computer or internet connection ) which we can't help with.