Display New Mail Only in Inbox Using IMAP

Moderators: jojobear99, Rdsok

kandoo
Evolving

Display New Mail Only in Inbox Using IMAP

Post by kandoo » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:29 pm

I have recently converted one of my POP mail accounts to IMAP. This account usually has a lot of mail in the Inbox. Is there a way to configure PTU so that only new mail continues to be displayed? In other words, once I review the mail in PTU and then launch my mail client to deal with the mail, have PTU only display new mail arriving to the Inbox?

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:41 pm

While there is an IMAP plugin for Poptray... it isn't a stable one per se and doesn't work with all IMAP servers because the standard isn't well defined.

There is an option in Advanced Options-> Main Window to "hide viewed messages" .... this only hides the previous emails you have been shown/listed in the main Poptray window and not what is considered "viewed" on the IMAP server... so this may not be what you want either.

I still recommend that you move your read emails that you plan to save to other folders... this speeds up the email process even when you view the emails through any other email client.

kandoo
Evolving

Post by kandoo » Thu May 01, 2014 3:21 pm

Thank you. That's a good suggestion. Particularly given I assume your other proposal to hide viewed messages via Advanced Options would impact all accounts monitored by PTU and not just the IMAP account.

jojobear99
PopTrayU Developer

Post by jojobear99 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:24 pm

This is on my list of features I'd like to implement in a future version.
---
Jessica Brown
Developer of PopTrayU