ssl

Moderators: jojobear99, Rdsok

jimdwest
Still here

ssl

Post by jimdwest » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:20 pm

Just got the notice of new version PopTray U. As with the former version of U, I cannot get it to work, although the old plain PopTray works fine. All same settings. The latest version, although checked to download all plug-ins does not have an SSL plug-in, In the old version, I can choose POP3 SSL, I am not given the choice in the new version. The SSL info in new is greyed out and cannot be chosen.
James D. West
www.IndianaMilitary.org
Indiana Military History

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Re: ssl

Post by Rdsok » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:50 pm

jimdwest wrote:Just got the notice of new version PopTray U. As with the former version of U, I cannot get it to work, although the old plain PopTray works fine. All same settings. The latest version, although checked to download all plug-ins does not have an SSL plug-in, In the old version, I can choose POP3 SSL, I am not given the choice in the new version. The SSL info in new is greyed out and cannot be chosen.
I would guess that you tried using the wrong version of the SSL plugin and didn't get the one for the version of PoptrayU that you downloaded...

The latest PoptrayU is 5.0.15 and is available here http://sourceforge.net/projects/poptrayu/files/

The SSL Plugin is available for download at https://sourceforge.net/projects/poptrayupop3ssl/

Completely close PoptrayU after enabling SSL in your account... restart it and then test to see if your settings are correct.

jimdwest
Still here

Post by jimdwest » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:14 pm

Re-downloaded the program just to be sure. Downloaded the SSL plug-in. Ran both.

No change. Plug-in does not show up in PopTray Accounts or Options. Only "Keyboard lights" listed in plug-ins.

checkbox for SSL is greyed out.
James D. West
www.IndianaMilitary.org
Indiana Military History

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:44 pm

This plugin isn't listed with the other plugins like KB Lights...

Look at the account settings and place a checkmark in the Use SSL/TLS option box shown just below the port number

jimdwest
Still here

Post by jimdwest » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:01 pm

The box is there, but greyed out and cannot be checked.
James D. West
www.IndianaMilitary.org
Indiana Military History

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:08 pm

There are no other known causes than what I mentioned already... in fact, you're the first to report an issue with this ( besides the ones that did as I mentioned )

jimdwest
Still here

Post by jimdwest » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:19 pm

I had the same problem with past versions. So guess I am forced to use the version 3.2. It works.

Win 7
Live Mail
James D. West
www.IndianaMilitary.org
Indiana Military History

jojobear99
PopTrayU Developer

Post by jojobear99 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:18 am

SSL checkbox is disabled if libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll cannot be found in the poptrayu directory (or system path) or cannot be loaded (eg: if they are corrupt files). You can look with explorer to verify those files are present in the PopTrayU directory. If they are there, you can right click them and choose properties on the Details tab the Product Version should be 1.0.1g

Can you verify whether those files are present in your installation?
---
Jessica Brown
Developer of PopTrayU