won't delete

Moderators: jojobear99, Rdsok

jimdwest
Still here

won't delete

Post by jimdwest » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:29 pm

When I click on "Run Email Client" and use that program (Live Mail) to read and delete the emails, when I open up Pop Tray again they are still there. I must manually delete them. If I try to open one, I get Connect Error since it isn't on the server anymore. This works fine in the old computer, but now does not in the new computer.

Also downloaded 3.2 (as on old computer) and do not get any Plug-ins.

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:52 pm

Poptray will list the emails it last saw on the server until it's rechecked it again... if they've been deleted from the server, it won't continue to list them.

jimdwest
Still here

Deletes email

Post by jimdwest » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:59 pm

I just got notice of 2 emails. Opened the EMail Client-Live Mail, read them and deleted both. Went back to Pop Tray and "Check All". Both are still showing in Pop Tray.
James D. West
www.IndianaMilitary.org
Indiana Military History

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Re: Deletes email

Post by Rdsok » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:26 pm

jimdwest wrote:I just got notice of 2 emails. Opened the EMail Client-Live Mail, read them and deleted both. Went back to Pop Tray and "Check All". Both are still showing in Pop Tray.
Verify that your Live Mail settings are set to delete immediately... I think it defaults to only deleting after you've emptied your deleted folder or something similar.

You can verify if the emails are still on the server if your provider also has a webmail option also...