PopTray and Windows 7

Moderators: jojobear99, Rdsok

Nikilet
Enthusiast

PopTray and Windows 7

Post by Nikilet » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:21 am

I just posted but may have messed up because I can't find it, so I am going to post again just in case.

I have PopTray on my Vista machine with Windows Live Mail and it all works just fine.

I have a Windows 7 machine, also with Windows Live Mail, and when I select "Run E-mail client" nothing happens.

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:15 pm

You made the other post in the Poptray forum area, this is the PoptrayU forum area and since Poptray isn't being supported any longer anyway... I've deleted the other post.

If you do happen to be running Poptray instead of PoptrayU, it is recommended that you update since Poptray wasn't made to take into consideration Windows Vista and newer OS's.

Make certain you entered the proper path to the email client you are using in the Default options setting...

Windows Live Mail should be locate at either....

"C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Mail\wlmail.exe" on a 32b version of Windows

or

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Mail\wlmail.exe" on a 64b version

Nikilet
Enthusiast

Post by Nikilet » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:29 am

I do have the PopTrayU on my laptop which is Win 7 and that is the one where it won't open my email program. The path seems to be right.

Nikilet
Enthusiast

Post by Nikilet » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:37 am

I uninstalled PopTrayU from my Win 7 computer with RevoUninstaller, removing all settings and such, and then I reinstalled it.

From the main page, I can click on the "check mail" and that works, the sound works, but the "Run Email Client" is dead.

But I can go to the Options/Defaults page, I can click on that Test button to the right of the Email Program link box and it opens my email account right up.

Any suggestions or ideas?

On the Accounts page, PopTrayU Account Preferences/E-Mail Program what should I have in there?
What I have is Windows Live Mail.

On the Options/Defaults E-Mail Program I have "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Mail\wlmail.exe"

I can click the test button from there and open my email account, but not from the Mail page so I'm wondering if I should have something different typed in the Accounts page.

Nikilet
Enthusiast

Post by Nikilet » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:27 am

I finally got it to work.

I deleted Windows Live Mail from the Accounts/PopTrayU Account Preferences/Email Program, saved it, and then it automatically put in there [Use Default Program] and that did it.

Thanks for putting up with me!

Naranja
First Timer

Re:

Post by Naranja » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:26 pm

Nikilet wrote:I finally got it to work.

I deleted Windows Live Mail from the Accounts/PopTrayU Account Preferences/Email Program, saved it, and then it automatically put in there [Use Default Program] and that did it.

Thanks for putting up with me!
I had exactly the same problem after formatting my PC and reinstalling Windows 7! Though I will never make it work. Thanks :mrgreen: :mrgreen: