Change of Email Prog in XP

Moderators: jojobear99, Rdsok

Cheemag
First Timer

Change of Email Prog in XP

Post by Cheemag » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:48 am

Changing my Email application via Options>Defaults does not stick. poptray.ini file is not updated and has to be edited manually.

This does not happen in Windows 7.
Regards,

Cheemag.

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:43 am

Check that your user account on the XP system has admin permissions as well as permissions to modify the ini file itself.

Cheemag
First Timer

Post by Cheemag » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:48 pm

Rdsok wrote:Check that your user account on the XP system has admin permissions as well as permissions to modify the ini file itself.
I'm user/administrator (no other users).

I have no difficulty modifying the .ini file - text editor does the job.

No great problem as I almost never change Email programmes; just wondered what was happening. Thought I'd found a bug.
Regards,

Cheemag.

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:52 pm

You may have but I know that no such issue existed in Poptray from which PoptrayU ( the forum location you posted in ) is made...

When you installed PoptrayU... what options did you select to store the user profiles at?

If I know, I may be able to test on an XP system I have at work and can see if it is able to be recreated or not... If it's a bug, I should be able to duplicate it... if it is just a program/settings corruption I won't.

Cheemag
First Timer

Post by Cheemag » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:00 pm

Rdsok wrote:You may have but I know that no such issue existed in Poptray from which PoptrayU ( the forum location you posted in ) is made...

When you installed PoptrayU... what options did you select to store the user profiles at?

If I know, I may be able to test on an XP system I have at work and can see if it is able to be recreated or not... If it's a bug, I should be able to duplicate it... if it is just a program/settings corruption I won't.
The only items (apart from a prefetch file) are in c:\Program Files\PopTray so I must have selected to store the user profiles there.

Regards,

Cheemag
Regards,

Cheemag.

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:12 pm

Cheemag wrote:The only items (apart from a prefetch file) are in c:\Program Files\PopTray so I must have selected to store the user profiles there.

Regards,

Cheemag
I'll test it out sometime next week when I'm back at work and have a spare moment.

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:22 pm

Ok... on my XP system I installed PoptrayU 4.0.10b ( latest version )... set user files to use the program folder....

I was able to easily change email clients settings from either the options->defaults location or on the account settings without errors.