Can't select text to reply

Moderators: jojobear99, Rdsok

gracie
Fanatic

Can't select text to reply

Post by gracie » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:09 am

In PT, I could select just a sentence or two in an email and then hit "reply" and the reply would open in my email program quoting just that little snip that I'd highlighted. In PTU, I'm finding that doesn't work---even if I select just a few words, it opens a reply with a whole chunk (the whole email unless it's very long) quoted.

Then I have to delete all the parts I don't want. I loved being able to just select the bit I wanted to reply to; I hate when people replying make me wade through my whole email when they are just replying to one point ;)

Any suggestions, or is this a bug?

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:39 am

It certainly wasn't a documented feature in PT... so I wouldn't call it a bug since every email client ( which PT or PTU are not ) I am aware of does it in the same manner and includes the whole email

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:51 am

Definitely not a bug....

Quoting Poptray's help file ( which I wrote and is still used in part in PoptrayU )
Clicking the Reply button will open your default e-mail client and create a message ready to reply. When the "MAPI instead of mailto:" option is checked, the reply will use your default MAPI client. When using MAPI your complete body will be quoted in the reply message. Using "mailto:" limited the reply body to 2000 characters.

gracie
Fanatic

Post by gracie » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:32 am

thanks, rdsok. all i know is that i've been using regular poptray for ages, and with a long email, i could select a few words/sentences and, with that selected, then hit 'reply' and it would open a reply in my email client with exactly what i highlighted quoted and nothing more. now in poptrayu, highlighting does nothing; it just quotes either the whole email or the first big chunk if the email is long.

if that wasn't intentional behavior in poptray, i did love it anyway :).

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:30 am

Rdsok wrote:Definitely not a bug....

Quoting Poptray's help file ( which I wrote and is still used in part in PoptrayU )
gracie... this isn't more info... just clarifying more accurately what I meant in my previous post

Renier originally wrote the help file. Later I updated it to include the info concerning the updates that had been done since his last update to the help file