[PopTayU] Links open in new window

Moderators: jojobear99, Rdsok

Bateman
PopTray Family

[PopTayU] Links open in new window

Post by Bateman » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:16 am

Would it be possible to have clicked links open in a new window using the standard browser?
Right now they open inside poptray, or if IE is set to offline mode in a new IE window. Though I'm aware from another thread here that the IE plugin is used, is it still possible to have links generally open in a new window best using the browser of choice?

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:09 pm

Try right clicking on the link and select "Open ( link )in New Window"

Bateman
PopTray Family

Post by Bateman » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:08 pm

Done this already. Links do open in Internet Explorer, context menu and everything else is IE as well.
I was (and still am) hoping for some sort of possible workaround / fix / anything since I'm not very keen on using IE more than I absolutely need to.

jojobear99
PopTrayU Developer

Post by jojobear99 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:19 am

Bateman, please download the latest version of PopTrayU. I have partially fixed this issue in the latest version, 4.0.7, because this same issue was bothering me too.

Please note that if the URL starts with HTTP:// it will open in the default browser now. But links that are missing the protocol (or use a different protocol like https) will still open in IE. I'm working on developing a more generic solution that will work 100% of the time instead of 80% of the time, but making it work under the hood is pretty complicated.

In the meantime, for those stubborn links, you may want to install the View In Firefox plugin. It adds an item to the right-click menu in IE to open links in Firefox instead.
http://www.iosart.com/firefox/firefoxview/
---
Jessica Brown
Developer of PopTrayU

Bateman
PopTray Family

Post by Bateman » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:12 am

Sorry for replying so late. I finally had the chance to take a look at version 4.0.9 and for now, clicking links (as you described) do open in the standard browser. Yay! Looking forward to seeing further iterations ;)

En passant, an access violation I had "troubles" with posting here (so to say) was fixed as well.
Thank you :D