PopTrayU 5.2.6 ?

Moderators: jojobear99, Rdsok

sportman12
Still here

PopTrayU 5.2.6 ?

Post by sportman12 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:11 pm

I have been trying to contact the owner for months I can not get features of PopTrayU 5.2.6 to work

1 PopTrayU 5.2.6 feature not working

Within a minute, PopTrayU will see the new message. However,. No balloon popup or main window will appear. can you give me the fix get back to me please

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:26 pm

Moved to the PoptrayU forum area from the Poptray forum... please pay attention to which area you are posting in.

sportman12
Still here

Post by sportman12 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:28 pm

Rdsok I have been trying to contact the owner for months I can not get features of PopTrayU 5.2.6 to work

Within a minute, PopTrayU will see the new message. However,. No balloon popup or main window will appear. can you give me the fix get back to me please

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Re: PopTrayU 5.2.6 ?

Post by Rdsok » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:28 pm

sportman12 wrote:I have been trying to contact the owner for months I can not get features of PopTrayU 5.2.6 to work

Can you actually describe in detail which feature you are having trouble with and what you are doing to produce it...

sportman12
Still here

Post by sportman12 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:32 pm

Rdsok I have been trying to get these features of PopTrayU 5.2.6 to work

1 PopTrayU 5.2.6 feature not working . No balloon popup or main window will not appear.

show Balloon notifacation

use Delexue Balloon

show window

Within a minute, PopTrayU 5.2.6 will see the new email message. However,. No balloon popup or main window will appear. can you give me the fix get back to me please

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:43 am

sportman12 wrote:Rdsok I have been trying to contact the owner

Do not lie about that... Jessica DID get back to you and asked you a question to try to figure out what you were asking... You never responded back to her.

Your english is really hard to understand... but I'll try to help just as Jessica tried to help but you never answered her back...

When I enable "Show Main Window" and "Show Balloon Notification" ( with the Deluxe option also enabled )... They work as expected. So there is no "fix" ... but there may be something you did wrong when installing... that I what I am hoping anyway. So the problem is with either how you installed it... or a protection software such as an antivirus or other antimalware program.... I can only help with the installation since you gave no information about your computer at all.

Open your account settings ... write all of the settings down so you don't loose them.

Uninstall PoptrayU and then restart the computer.

Next... when you re-install PoptrayU .... right click on the install file and select "Run as Administrator" from the pop up menu. You must use the right click option...

When the installation asks where to put your user files... when it asks for the user setting location... select Current User Appdata Folder .... and finish the installation.

Setup one account .... when finished... restart the computer and then send yourself a test email to see if the Window opens or the balloon popup shows...

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:46 am

On another question... You asked why PoptrayU doesn't show the email message in bold ( you said black ) after you had seen it the first time in the PoptrayU window...

This is normal... it only shows new emails that you didn't see in the list in bold. Once you open the PoptrayU window, all emails shown will go from bold to the normal font after you close the window.

The bold is not to show which ones you have read... but instead which ones you have seen already... Only new emails will be shown in bold.

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:48 am

Oh... what is your native language... French?

If so... I can PM another user here to help us since I only know English

sportman12
Still here

Post by sportman12 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:52 am

Rdsok please forgive me where did Jessica answer me I emailed her no answer get back to me please

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:05 am

sportman12 wrote:Rdsok please forgive me where did Jessica answer me I emailed her no answer get back to me please
On the discussion forum where you'd posted the same question... https://sourceforge.net/p/poptrayu/disc ... it=25#8c04

Most developers don't want to provide support in an email.. only on a forum so others that may have the same problem can also get helped...

So when a person asks a question on a forum... when there is an answer all users on the forum can benefit.

sportman12
Still here

Post by sportman12 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:23 am

Rdsok my post https://sourceforge.net/p/poptrayu/disc ... /f62811a2/

Rdsok here is my email I sent to Jessica Jessica I have tryed to contact you for over a month I can not get two features of poptrayU to work PopTrayU 5.1.5 and PopTrayU 5.2.6 in Detail

Within a minute, PopTrayU will see the new message. However,. No balloon popup or main window will appear. can you please give me the fix

2 PopTrayU 5.1.5 not working indicate viewed and unviewed messages

Here what happens

when new emails comes in it is in Black not read when I close poptrayu it is not Black when reopened or it recheck mail I thought it stays Black until you click it on and read it ?

I have tryed to install both versions am using Windows 10 I can not get either to work please get back to me

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:43 am

I already explained that one...

What you are calling black... is actually called bold...

If the email is in bold type... then it's the first time is is shown in the PoptrayU window. The next time you see it in the window, it will be normal type

Examples:

normal type

bold type

This has nothing to do with if you have previewed ( read ) the email or not.. only if it was already shown in the PoptrayU window
Last edited by Rdsok on Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:48 am

sportman12 wrote:I have tryed to install both versions am using Windows 10 I can not get either to work please get back to me

I don't know what you are saying... installed both versions... The only version mentioned here is v5.2.6

PoptrayU is working fine on my two computers which are also Windows 10... the problem the has to be something else on your computer ... or you didn't install it exactly like I described.

Since I do not know about anything else about your computer and what you have installed or perhaps if your computer is infected... I can only tell you how to install it properly... nothing else.

sportman12
Still here

Post by sportman12 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:50 am

Rdsok I installed PopTrayU 5.2.6 several times feature not working

PopTrayU 5.2.6 feature not working . No balloon popup or main window will not appear.

use Delexue Balloon

show window

Within a minute, PopTrayU 5.2.6 will see the new email message. However,. No balloon popup or main window will not appear. using Windows 10 can you get back to me please

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:54 am

Did you right click on the install file and select "Run as Administrator" when you installed it?

If so... then I can not help any further. It is working on other computers just fine when it is installed correctly. No one can guess about what other software you have installed that could conflict with it UNLESS YOU TELL THEM...

If you don't provide additional details ... then we can help no further.

sportman12
Still here

Post by sportman12 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:57 am

Rdsok I did everything you said if I can show you a screenshot of what am doing it would great

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:49 pm

This is not a known issue with PoptrayU .... you are the first to have the problem which makes the cause something on your computer.

Since we have no idea of what else you have installed or if your computer is perhaps infected... and you have chosen to not provide any other information that may lead to other suggestions.... This leave it up to you to find a possible solution.

sportman12
Still here

Post by sportman12 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:49 pm

Rdsok I am a disabled person not technical please bare with me my computer is not infected it was reinstalled with Windows 10 my details are I have set up version v5.2.6 mail dose come in fine it dose not do this below can I send you a screenshot

No balloon popup or main window will not appear.

use Delexue Balloon

show window

here is someone else with the same issue I saw on poptrayu forum https://sourceforge.net/p/poptrayu/disc ... /2610efec/ am using Windows 10

please get back to me

sportman12
Still here

Post by sportman12 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:55 pm

Rdsok I did figure everything out having one with issue date month year not showing on email like this screenshot http://poptrayu.sourceforge.net/ how do I get it to show please get back to me

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:05 am

If the Date column isn't showing... right click on the column headers and put a check mark on that option to enable it....

If the column is there but it not wide enough... hover over the right edge of the column header, click and drag it to the right further until enough of it is showing.

If the format of the date is not what you like... say YYYY-MM-DD or whatever... I believe that is controlled by your Windows time/date settings found under PC Settings.