K9 question!

General discussion about PopTray. You love it? You hate it? Talk about it here.

Moderators: KY Dave, jojobear99, Rdsok

ratchet
Enthusiast

K9 question!

Post by ratchet » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:16 am

I've checked K9's forum for mention of my issue to no avail. It is also not very active so I'm posting my question here. Please bear with me, it may get lengthy! K9 and PopTray are a great team and were working as described by you. I began receiving one to two spambot type mails per day and became tired of checking K9 to make sure it hadn't blocked any good mails, so I closed my ISP/Outlook Express account and now have a new address. The strange thing that is happening is that K9 is listing almost everything with a "?". There isn't any spam (yet) but the same legitimate addresses are being flagged with the "?" over and over again, even after I ID them as good. I can't ever remember seeing the question mark before opening the new account. I'm thinking I perhaps need to reinstall K9 and it will go back to working normally. I've checked your recommended settings and they are still all the same in both K9 and PopTray. Indeed, the only thing I had changed was yadayada@! Any theories Dave? Thank You!

KY Dave
Not the Developer

Post by KY Dave » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:16 am

Instead of installing K9 again, first try REBUILDING the DATABASES on K9's STATISTICS Tab.
KY Dave

Family Blog
You can STOP SPAM using PopFile and PopTray.

ratchet
Enthusiast

Post by ratchet » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:07 am

Appreciate the advice!