Basic questions

General discussion about PopTray. You love it? You hate it? Talk about it here.

Moderators: KY Dave, jojobear99, Rdsok

Phototaker
Still here

Basic questions

Post by Phototaker » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:36 am

Here is a very basic question. When I mark a message as spam should it delete itself as soon as I click or do I still have to delete it after having added the spam senders address to the spam list?

If I add a spam senders address on the spam list what happens the next time that I connect to my ISP, does do I still see the message with a flag indication that I have span or has it been automatically been deleted when I logged on?
Thanks in advance

KY Dave
Not the Developer

Re: Basic questions

Post by KY Dave » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:24 pm

Phototaker wrote:Here is a very basic question. When I mark a message as spam should it delete itself as soon as I click or do I still have to delete it after having added the spam senders address to the spam list?
You should use the DELETE SPAM Button to delete all the spam you have marked.
Phototaker wrote: If I add a spam senders address on the spam list what happens the next time that I connect to my ISP, does do I still see the message with a flag indication that I have span or has it been automatically been deleted when I logged on?
If you have CREATED a RULE to MARK AS SPAM email FROM SENDER and the email address matches exactly, it will be MARKED AS SPAM. If you CREATE a RULE to DELETE email FROM SENDER it will be AUTOMATICALLY DELETED.
KY Dave

Family Blog
You can STOP SPAM using PopFile and PopTray.