blacklist domain only

General discussion about PopTray. You love it? You hate it? Talk about it here.

Moderators: KY Dave, jojobear99, Rdsok

lilcindy
First Timer

blacklist domain only

Post by lilcindy » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:36 pm

hello,

i'm getting about 50-75 spam mails a day. i have 5 email accounts in PopTray. so 5x75=too much....LOL

anyway, i want to block most of these by domain names because i might get many different names from the same domains, so blocking just a single email address just keeps building the email blacklist. i have thousands and thousdands of email addresses in that list. abount 2 years worth of marking,blacklisting,and deleting.. and I still get 300= a day..

is there a way to select many emails, then right click then, "Block Domian Name" .

i hope i have explained correctly. i know i can add one domain at a time to the blacklist or edit the blacklist and remove the ----@ this would take days. simple fix maybe?

i love poptray..:-)

respectfully,
cindy

KY Dave
Not the Developer

Post by KY Dave » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:30 pm

In PopTray on the MAIL Tab window, SELECT all the emails you want to BLACKLIST and then RIGHT CLICK on one of them, click LISTS, then BLACKLIST, then click OK.

If you are tired of adding more and more addresses to your list, check out How To Setup PopTray And K9 To Remove Spam or the thread linked in my signature if you use web mail too.
KY Dave

Family Blog
You can STOP SPAM using PopFile and PopTray.

lilcindy
First Timer

Post by lilcindy » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:29 pm

hello,

you say "In PopTray on the MAIL Tab window, SELECT all the emails you want to BLACKLIST and then RIGHT CLICK on one of them, click LISTS, then BLACKLIST, then click OK."

this only blocks the emaill address "Add Sender to Black List"and this will still allow many same spams with the same domain name.

it would be much better then just-

"In PopTray on the MAIL Tab window, SELECT all the emails you want to BLACKLIST and then RIGHT CLICK on one of them, click LISTS, then-> Would be improvement to have this added ot "List", "BLACKLIST ENTIRE DOMAIN NAME", then click OK"

respectfully,
cindy

PS. sir, do you know of any good list of words and domains can be added to blacklist?

KY Dave
Not the Developer

Post by KY Dave » Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:20 am

oops, sorry I didn't notice that you wanted to add the entire domain.

No, there is currently no way to add an entire domain without doing as you wrote.
Renier wrote:Since wildcards are now allowed in the blacklist, you can use domains if you want using the syntax *@domain.com
KY Dave

Family Blog
You can STOP SPAM using PopFile and PopTray.