Strange K9 Poptray issue

General discussion about PopTray. You love it? You hate it? Talk about it here.

Moderators: KY Dave, jojobear99, Rdsok

charlesdb
Evolving

Strange K9 Poptray issue

Post by charlesdb » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:14 pm

Everything works fine except.....there is one particular address using Tiscali - a service provider - which never arrives in my Poptray. It arrives at K9, where I can see it under recent Emails, but does not appear anywhere else and I am therefore unable to download it to my Email client. I have not blacklisted the address anywhere, it's in my address book, there are no rules to prevent it from appearing in Poptray and is not marked as Spam by K9 (on the contrary! Its marked as 2%) This has happened 3 times so far this week. Otherwise I use the K9, Poptray system with great success. I wonder if anyone can think of a reason for this to happen, on this one address. It's a real puzzle for me.
Charles

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:00 pm

Check your account settings in Poptray for your Tiscali account ... see viewtopic.php?t=2883

KY Dave
Not the Developer

Re: Strange K9 Poptray issue

Post by KY Dave » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:16 pm

charlesdb wrote:Everything works fine except.....there is one particular address using Tiscali - a service provider - which never arrives in my Poptray. It arrives at K9, where I can see it under recent Emails, but does not appear anywhere else and I am therefore unable to download it to my Email client. I have not blacklisted the address anywhere, it's in my address book, there are no rules to prevent it from appearing in Poptray and is not marked as Spam by K9 (on the contrary! Its marked as 2%) This has happened 3 times so far this week. Otherwise I use the K9, Poptray system with great success. I wonder if anyone can think of a reason for this to happen, on this one address. It's a real puzzle for me.
If the email is showing in K9, it is being downloaded by PopTray or another email program.

I suggest in PopTray, OPTIONS, MISCELLANEOUS, Check the box for LOG RULES. SAVE OPTIONS.
In each of your RULES that could possibly DELETE an email, Check the box for LOG RULE. SAVE RULES.

QUIT PopTray and RESTART PopTray for changes to take effect.

After another such event occurring, or...
if you already have LOG RULES turned on...

OPEN the RULES.LOG file in the PopTray Directory with NOTEPAD or WORDPAD and search for the email's address or subject. There it should tell you a reason why the email is not showing in PopTray.

-> You can double click on the email in K9 to read the missing email.
KY Dave

Family Blog
You can STOP SPAM using PopFile and PopTray.