General discussion about PopTray. You love it? You hate it? Talk about it here.

Moderators: KY Dave, jojobear99, Rdsok

Nils
Still here

Post by Nils » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:51 am

Last edited by Nils on Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:03 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:52 am

I was about to report that you can't customize the toolbar then I read the history file which has...

(-) Customizable toolbar actions

Did you plan to remove this permanantly in your version or was it temporary until that option could be implemented in your build?

Obviously I ask since I use the option...

Signed Curious ... lol

Nils
Still here

Post by Nils » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:49 am

Last edited by Nils on Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:24 pm

Nils wrote:there are only some few items. So why do you customize it?
It actually allows up to 40 different command available at a click of a button... I use about 7 of them that aren't on the default one...

Nils
Still here

Post by Nils » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:00 pm

Last edited by Nils on Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KY Dave
Not the Developer

Post by KY Dave » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:22 pm

I have changed the name of the topic to "PopTray Unicode port is out".

Let's leave it like that until Renier has a chance to respond to the PM I've sent to him. Mainly because this isn't a version of his, so I don't think it's correct to label it PopTray 3.3. I think it might also confuse PopTray users.
Thanks,
-----------

I've noticed a few things that are not working.

There are NO ICONs signaling what PopTray is doing, like the Lightening Bolt, Envelopes, Spinning Stars, etc...

In the RULES Section, the AREA to be checked is not visible if there is more than one ROW and it doesn't remain after setting it either.
KY Dave

Family Blog
You can STOP SPAM using PopFile and PopTray.

Nils
Still here

Post by Nils » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:56 pm

KY Dave wrote:this isn't a version of his, so I don't think it's correct to label it PopTray 3.3. I think it might also confuse PopTray users.
I think the feedback of users it too small for me to go ahead with my work on PopTray at all.

So I suggest you remove the entiered thread.

Bye.

KY Dave
Not the Developer

Post by KY Dave » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:25 am

Nils wrote:
KY Dave wrote:this isn't a version of his, so I don't think it's correct to label it PopTray 3.3. I think it might also confuse PopTray users.
I think the feedback of users it too small for me to go ahead with my work on PopTray at all.

So I suggest you remove the entiered thread.

Bye.
It's only been a day, don't get discouraged so easily. Traffic on the forum has slowed to a crawl without any development going on. Users aren't visiting the forum as regularly as they once did.

There will be users grateful for a unicode port of PopTray I believe if you continue your work.
KY Dave

Family Blog

Zythan
Enthusiast

Post by Zythan » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:28 am

Hello,

I will be giving this a try in a multiuser AD domain.

I will report back when I find a few things.

Zythan

homaquebec
PopTray Family

Post by homaquebec » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:45 am

KY Dave wrote: [...]
It's only been a day, don't get discouraged so easily. Traffic on the forum has slowed to a crawl without any development going on. Users aren't visiting the forum as regularly as they once did.

There will be users grateful for a unicode port of PopTray I believe if you continue your work.
I agree with KY Dave. I would like to try this new version of PopTray but I would like to do it without desinstalling the version 3.2. that I presently use. Or, using this new version without loosing anything of my actual settings.

Suggestions about the way to do are welcome.

Elf Wizard
Still here

Re: PopTray 3.3 is out ;-)

Post by Elf Wizard » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:20 am

I tested it for a while and everything seems to be OK!
Only the animated star is not working (the star is appearing, but it isn't animated).

Good Job!
:wink:
Speak "Friend" and enter, or...

KY Dave
Not the Developer

Post by KY Dave » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:07 pm

Nils (c153110.adsl.hansenet.de),

You are allowed to publish derivatives of the PopTray source code but you can't use the name unless Renier has given his permission.

Please don't label your version as PopTray 3.3. It is not a continuation of PopTray's developer work, as such it shouldn't be posted on his web site as a continuation of his work. You should use a different name and version number.

I've previously asked you by post and Private Message to refrain from this.
You have continued to change the title several times after being asked politely to leave it as PopTray UNICODE Port is out to avoid confusion of other users.

If you continue to change the title of this thread it will be deleted and other disciplinary actions may be taken.

KY Dave
Administrator

Nils
Still here

Post by Nils » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:17 pm

Last edited by Nils on Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:25 pm

Nils,

It is you who has no knowledge of how forum administration works. You as a member of the forum, are restricted to the policies of the forum itself... If the forum admin or moderator feel you are in violation of those policies it is their right to change or alter the posts you make... In short, your being able to post on this or any forum is a privilage granted to you by the forum admins/mods... it is not a right and as such that privilage can be revoked and you will have no rights to do anything about it.

You have been asked simply to name your version so it is plainly seen as a derivative of the original at this time... In otherwords do not name it POPTRAY at this time unless the copyrighted owner of that name ( Reneir ) chooses to grant you that privilage.

The license agreement does grant you the privilage to make a derivative of the product but it does not give you the right to take over the name of the original product. READ THE LICENSE AGREEMENT.

KY Dave... Considering Nils attitude... I would not blame you or Reneir if their account was closed.. but I would leave the thread to show their unwillingness to come to an agreement over this matter. Your suggestion to make a minor name change was certainly a reasonable one and this thread shows the extent that you have gone to try and not block the port to a unicoded version that many users could find useful. In my opinion Nils' position is completely unreasonable.

KY Dave
Not the Developer

Post by KY Dave » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:52 pm

Thanks RDSOK,

I can't understand why Nils was so insistent on naming his work PopTray 3.3.

I tried to not discourage his work, but I felt the naming was confusing to others that might visit the forum and without Renier's consent, should not continue.

Evidently Nils has removed his posts and his link to his download site.
I have not made any changes to his account or member status.
As of now, he is still welcome on this forum, IF he will follow the suggestions made about not naming his work PopTray 3.3.
KY Dave

Family Blog

Nils
Still here

Post by Nils » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:04 pm

Last edited by Nils on Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:30 pm

@Nils,

The issue at hand is that you did not understand that you don't have the right to "steal" another authors work and use their name for their project... Which is what you were doing by using the same exact name and just incrementing the version as if it were an official release which it wasn't .... Only Renier could give you the permission to do something like that and you were too blind or selfish to see or understand that.

Nils
Still here

Post by Nils » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:54 pm

Last edited by Nils on Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

KY Dave
Not the Developer

Post by KY Dave » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:16 am

It's simple to understand NILS.

Please just name your work something besides PopTray ______ .

That's all there is too it. Just use a different name other than continuing with PopTray version numbers.
KY Dave

Family Blog