How do i change my default email client to hotmail

General discussion about PopTray. You love it? You hate it? Talk about it here.

Moderators: KY Dave, jojobear99, Rdsok

Neill
First Timer

How do i change my default email client to hotmail

Post by Neill » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:50 pm

Hi,

Just started using PT. Was wondering How do i change my default email client to hotmail. similarily for gmail. It seems to open OE every time. Im a complete beginner to this. In other words what do i input to the ... box in the accounts tab

Thanks in advance

homaquebec
PopTray Family

Re: How do i change my default email client to hotmail

Post by homaquebec » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:57 pm

Neill wrote:[...] In other words what do i input to the ... box in the accounts tab

Thanks in advance
KY Dave could confirm but I think that in the E-Mail program window of your Hotmail account, you write something like this :

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe "http://login.passport.net/..." (the URL of your Hotmail account page as shown in your browser).

The first part opens Internet Explorer, the second part brings you to your Hotmail account page where you can make your own settings like acceeding automatically to your hotmail account without typing your address and your password. The two parts are separated by a space.

You do the same for the Gmail account. Save. Ckeck to see if it works correctly.

Those settings cannot be used in the default options page of PopTray.

For other information on how to set your accounts, read this post.

Neill
First Timer

Post by Neill » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:36 pm

Hi Thanks,

Ive tried it for both accounts and both work. However they only work without the .net.passport part . The script that works for me is

C:\Program Files\InternetExplorer\iexplore.exe "whatever is in my browser when im on my logged in mail webpage"

Also it wont let me reply or new. When i press them Nothing happens, i expected this. But pressing run email client opens it up nicely so i guess i can live with that. Unless you have a suggesiton.

Many thanks[/quote]

homaquebec
PopTray Family

Post by homaquebec » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:52 pm

You can try writing this:

C:\Program Files\InternetExplorer\iexplore.exe "whatever is in my browser when im on my logged in mail webpage"

as the default E-mail program in the Default options page. You will see what happens when you click on New or Reply.