"Authorization failed"

General discussion about PopTray. You love it? You hate it? Talk about it here.

Moderators: KY Dave, jojobear99, Rdsok

Scotty
Still here

"Authorization failed"

Post by Scotty » Fri May 30, 2008 8:07 pm

I've been using Poptray for awhile now, and just recently decided to add K9 to the mix. After following the tutorial, it is all starting to come together down to the password portion of the login. When I try to retrieve my mail with Poptray the K9 log indicates everything is okay up to my password. At that point I get a msg. stating that the "authorization failed". I've double, triple, quadaruple checked the password and it seems ok. Can some one lead me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Scotty

Cor
First Timer

Authorization failed

Post by Cor » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:24 am

Scotty, I have just installed PopTray and have the same problem: 'Authorization failed'. Did you sort out the problem?
Cor

Scotty
Still here

Post by Scotty » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:15 pm

Well, I thought I had. PopTray worked for me for a few days. But then I had an update on my computer and it has stopped again, with the same issue. According to the K9 log it gets all the way to my log in password and then fails. I'm positive it has something to do with my Norton or my Windows security, but can't for the life of me find out where. I have allowed both PopTray and K9 but it hasn't done me any good. Hopefully this will bump this topic back up to the top and someone with an idea will see it. If you stumble on to it, please let me know.

Thanks,
Scotty