Problems using PopTray and K9 with Windows Vista?

General discussion about PopTray. You love it? You hate it? Talk about it here.

Moderators: KY Dave, jojobear99, Rdsok

kandoo
Evolving

Problems using PopTray and K9 with Windows Vista?

Post by kandoo » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:19 am

For several years I have been using PopTray and K9 to monitor several POP3 email accounts on a computer running Windows XP Pro. I used the setup instructions provided by KY Dave in this forum and have never had a problem. I recently did the same setup on a computer running Windows Vista Home Premium. When I use PopTray to check mail it does so with no problem. However, the emails never appear in the Recent Emails tab of K9. I even used the POP3 Server Check in K9 to check the server and it downloaded the messages but they still don't show up in the Recent Emails tab. I checked that the Firewall is not blocking K9 or the port but if it were PopTray couldn't retrieve the emails since it's configured to check via the K9 server (127.0.0.1) and port (9999). Has anyone else used this setup successfully with Vista or can anyone suggest a solution?

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:52 am

Other than suggesting to try running K9 with the UAC disabled in Win7... not much else I can think of to say since this is the Poptray forum and not a K9 forum