"Options" is empty

General discussion about PopTray. You love it? You hate it? Talk about it here.

Moderators: KY Dave, jojobear99, Rdsok

Alf aus Schwetzingen
First Timer

"Options" is empty

Post by Alf aus Schwetzingen » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:59 pm

Hi, guys,

I've been using Poptray (at the moment 3.2) for years now and am just having my first problem with it. I'm running Win7, x64 and recently registered with gmail. To check their server, I installed "PopTrayGmail_beta1". It's data lie in d:\poptray\plugins. But Poptray does not recognise the plugin: When I click on "Options" the window is empty (even after a restart of the pc).

Can someone, please, help me?

Thanks in advance

Alf aus Schwetzingen

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:21 pm

If I remember correctly... Gmail changed their protocols and that plugin doesn't work any longer...

Install the SSL plugin and use the Gmail SSL settings instead.

Alf aus Schwetzingen
First Timer

Post by Alf aus Schwetzingen » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:30 pm

Hi, Rdsok,

You wrote:
If I remember correctly... Gmail changed their protocols and that plugin doesn't work any longer...
I see. And Poptray knows that Gmail have changed their protocols and therefore doesn't show me the plugin? That's what I call clever!
My problem is not that I've got the wrong plugin (maybe that too, but ...), my problem is that it's not shown in "Options". I know my English is lousy but am I really so hard to be understood?
Install the SSL plugin and use the Gmail SSL settings instead.
I see. Thank you for this really informative and helpful answer. Maybe someone here knows how to treat a newbie? Maybe this someone could give me a little more detailled information and help?

But thanks anyway, you at least tried.

Alf aus Schwetzingen

P.S.: As we in Germany say: "Other mothers have beautiful daughters, too", meaning I'll simply look for a more adequate program to check my e-mail accounts.

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:50 pm

Alf aus Schwetzingen wrote: I know my English is lousy but am I really so hard to be understood?

I see. Thank you for this really informative and helpful answer. Maybe someone here knows how to treat a newbie? Maybe this someone could give me a little more detailled information and help?
I guess I could have told you the reason it wasn't shown was you must have not installed it properly... but that wouldn't matter since the plugin is not valid for Gmail anyway.

I'm not sure what you find improper on how to treat anyone... but when people help you on a forum, they do expect you to know how to operate a computer .... as for more detailed information, considering the attitude you are giving me, I see no reason for me to go further since you are unlikely to appreciate any assistance you are given if it doesn't fit your own ideas on how that is done.... I'm out of here... good luck