Error 11001

General discussion about PopTray. You love it? You hate it? Talk about it here.

Moderators: KY Dave, jojobear99, Rdsok

Gandydancer
First Timer

Error 11001

Post by Gandydancer » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:43 am

I accidentally deleted my personal email account from poptray. I've reconfigured it with the same details . I now get error 11001 constantly. I've not altered anything ,I've pinged my isp its ok, I've allowed poptray in the windows firewall but it was ok before that anyway. Other emails work fine anyone got any ideas what it may be
Thanks

Gandydancer
Gandydancer

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:12 pm

Socket error 11001 means that the host is not found. It is almost always caused by an incorrect email server name being input or mistyped.

You did alter it when your deleted the original email server settings that were working for you... it worked previously, if you get the correct email server settings set back in exactly as you had them before... it should work again.

Just to be complete here... firewalls and antivirus programs and their settings can also cause this error... again since you had it working previously, these are unlikely

Gandydancer
First Timer

Post by Gandydancer » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:54 pm

Well there is a turn up for the books. I'm using POPTRAY U as I downloaded it and removed version 3.2 and just now up pops (sorry about pun ) POPTRAY 3.2 with my old settings and it works. Why the change back? it had nothing to do with me I removed POPTRAY 3.2 but what the heck it solves my problem and the sever name used is now correct and was correct before.Wierd or what?
Gandydancer