Three POP-accounts, 3 different rules lists

General discussion about PopTray. You love it? You hate it? Talk about it here.

Moderators: KY Dave, jojobear99, Rdsok

Peter2
Still here

Three POP-accounts, 3 different rules lists

Post by Peter2 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:55 pm

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, though I could not find it.

I would like to use PopTray to check 3 different POP3-accounts. Then I need separate Rules list for each of these accounts.

Seems this is not possible. The first Rule list that I have created for the first POP3 account now appears as the Rule list for the second and third account also.

I really would need 3 different Rules list. Is this possible at all, my Poptray version is 3.2?
Also it does not sound a good solution to keep 3 different PopTray applications on my right hand corner, each looking for one POP3-account.

Any ideas, maybe some nice PlugIn or something?

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:38 pm

You can't have 3 different lists but if you look at the Rules, you can define which account each rule is active for... all accounts or a single account.

If you are using Windows Vista or newer... you should also be running PoptrayU instead since it's made to support the newer versions of Windows... Poptray itself is only recommended for up to Windows XP and no further.

Peter2
Still here

Post by Peter2 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:44 pm

Rdsok wrote:You can't have 3 different lists but if you look at the Rules, you can define which account each rule is active for... all accounts or a single account..
Thanks. I already earlier downloaded PoptrayU version. After installing it in noticed that feature you mention, in the new U-version.

Then I noticed that it also exists in my old 3.2 version too:)

I have used Poptray for years, but that feature never popped in to my eyes. Also I did not need to check 3 different POP-accounts earlier.

This machine has XP so I do not need the U-version yet. Though it got installed already, so there it is waiting.