FreePOPs and First Check

Anything and Everything. Chat about stuff not related to PopTray.

Moderators: KY Dave, jojobear99, Rdsok

martipe1
First Timer

FreePOPs and First Check

Post by martipe1 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:29 am

I just installed FreePOPs and I am trying to check some Hotmail accounts, but as it is the first time PopTray does it, it is downloading all the messages, the problem is that it doesn't finishes and after a few minutes it stops and I get the "CONNECTION CLOSED GRACEFULLY" error message.

I have tested with three Hotmail Accounts, one has over 300 messages, other has 19, and another has just 9. But regardless of the number of messages, PopTray just downloads the first messages and stops with the above mentioned error message.

I have the latest LUA files

What can I do?

Thanks,

KY Dave
Not the Developer

Post by KY Dave » Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:55 pm

Some things concerning FreePOPs, I know how to fix and other things I don't. This is one that I have no idea about.

You should, PLEASE check at the FreePOPs Forum at the url below for help or advice...
http://freepops.diludovico.it/
KY Dave

Family Blog
You can STOP SPAM using PopFile and PopTray.

martipe1
First Timer

Post by martipe1 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:29 am

I already search for help and didn't find anything, and so far I have not received any advice to my question posted in the FreePOPs forum.

I really like PopTray and I would like to use it to check my Hotmail and Yahoo mail. Any advice on how to check the webmail?

Thanks

martipe1
First Timer

Post by martipe1 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:30 am

I checked out the FreePOPs log file and I found the following errors (I created an account to update the LUA files, but it didn't work either)

Wed Dec 20 00:25:28 2006 freepopsd: ERROR(popserver.c, 179): [3904] Probably the client disconnected.
Wed Dec 20 00:25:28 2006 freepopsd: ERROR(popserver.c, 180): [3904] Try increasing the client timeout.

Wed Dec 20 00:26:41 2006 freepopsd: ERROR(log_lua.c, 70): (@lua/freepops.lua, 513) : Unable to find a module that handles 'updater' domain, requested by 'x@updater' mail account

Wed Dec 20 00:26:41 2006 freepopsd: ERROR(engine.c, 198): Error calling freepops.init('x@updater')Wed Dec 20 00:26:41 2006 freepopsd: ERROR(engine.c, 240): Error bootstrapping

I already increased the time out to 1200, but I still receive the same message.

Thanks

KY Dave
Not the Developer

Post by KY Dave » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:33 pm

Now, there is a response in the FreePOPs Forum, by Lance.

That log file isn't any help. You need to do the following...

EXIT FreePOPs...

ERASE the log.txt file in FreePOPs Directory.

START FreePOPs Verbose in the FreePOPS/DEBUG part of the START MENU.

Check ONLY your HOTMAIL Account.

EXIT FreePOPs and RESTART the standard FreePOPs program.

COPY and post the log file in the FreePOPs Forum.

Then wait for RUSSELLS to help you. He is the developer of the HOTMAIL Lua. He checks the forum once a day, so you may need to wait a day depending on what time you post and when he checks.
KY Dave

Family Blog
You can STOP SPAM using PopFile and PopTray.