Viewing and deleting mails with IMAP plugin

Writing and using PopTray plug-ins

Moderators: KY Dave, jojobear99, Rdsok

manupeg
First Timer

Viewing and deleting mails with IMAP plugin

Post by manupeg » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:12 am

Hi all,

A few days ago I switch all my email accounts from POP to IMAP. As I was already using Poptray to check mail in POP, I kept it for IMAP, with the help of IMAP plugin.
It's working fine except for two things :
- When I try to previes a message in Poptray I get this error message : " Unable to retrieve message. External exception E06D7363",
- When I try to delete a message from Poptray, I also get an error message telling me something about message references that don't match (it's in french :) ).
The funny thing is that if I switch Poptray language from French to ENglish everything workd fine.

Any idea ?

Thanks.

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:08 pm

IMAP isn't a very strict standard like POP is, so it doesn't get implemented the same on every server... so try the other IMAP plugins available on the SourceForge pages to see if you get better results with one of them.

Personally I believe, that if your email server allows POP access, that is still the most reliable way to have Poptray check/notify for new email.

manupeg
First Timer

Post by manupeg » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:27 pm

Rdsok wrote: Personally I believe, that if your email server allows POP access, that is still the most reliable way to have Poptray check/notify for new email.
Thanks for the answer.

Problem using POP access to check mail with Poptray is that in this case Poptray doesn't make difference between read and unread mails. So it tells you you have hundredth of mails !

Do you mind providing me with the sourceforge link for IMAP plugin you're talking about ?

Regards.

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:37 pm

The link to SourceForge is on the main website...

To me, leaving hundreds of emails in the inbox is a bit like leaving your regular mail in your mail box.. it just doesn't make sense to let it stack up like that, to each their own.