Proxy based on IE credentials

Writing and using PopTray plug-ins

Moderators: KY Dave, jojobear99, Rdsok

Jonjo
First Timer

Proxy based on IE credentials

Post by Jonjo » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:04 am

I'm allready searching a while on this forum for the right way to gain access to pop-servers trough a proxy. And there are a lot of people with the same error messages: #11001, "Host not found".

The plugin which is availble could resolve most of these problems but wouldn't it be nicer to inherit the credentials from IE or local installed browser?

Simple applications as RSS readers can to the same and it would fix most of the posted questions. An example is like: FeedReader http://www.feedreader.com/, simple RSS reader which free for use.

Of course the plugin can be used where the default proxy settings from IE can't apply the need for access tot pop-servers trough a proxy.

tessster
First Timer

Re: Proxy based on IE credentials

Post by tessster » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:28 pm

Jonjo wrote: (...)
The plugin which is available could resolve most of these problems but wouldn't it be nicer to inherit the credentials from IE or local installed browser?
(...)
Of course the plugin can be used where the default proxy settings from IE can't apply the need for access tot pop-servers trough a proxy.
I strongly second this idea! Do you think this will be possible? Current beta plug in is not working for me (KEN Proxy, and its settings cannot be modified by me) :roll:

tessster