Notification of ignored messages

Writing and using PopTray plug-ins

Moderators: KY Dave, jojobear99, Rdsok

Jabberwock
Still here

Notification of ignored messages

Post by Jabberwock » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:20 am

I have finally managed to write the plugin for Samurize. However, I have found another problem:
In Poptray it is possible to set filters to "ignore" messages - they show up in the list bolded, when new, but their "envelopes" are white and they do not show up in the tray mail numbers. I use this feature a lot for filtering less important messages, such as subsription lists, etc.

As far as I can see, it is not possible to take advantage of that feature in a notification plugin... Would it be possible to consider it for future versions?

Renier
Site Admin

Post by Renier » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:17 pm

Yes, unfortunately (for now) only Viewed,New,Important,Spam are available for notification plugins.

Renier
Site Admin

Post by Renier » Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:53 pm

I've just had a look at Samurize. Looks like a very interesting toy.

So what does your plugin do? Are you willing to share it?

Jabberwock
Still here

Just writing headers...

Post by Jabberwock » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:44 am

It just writes new headers to a text file... The code is not pretty, as it was my first contact with C++ - the text file has no path specified (it writes to the main Poptray dir), there is no error checking whatsoever, etc...

For now it just writes the new headers sequentially to the file, which is cleaned when the number of mails is zero (which means I have run my main mail program). This solution is not too elegant, either, but the other choice was to clean the file with each notification, which I did not like for performance reasons.