POP3 HTML Plugin

Writing and using PopTray plug-ins

Moderators: KY Dave, jojobear99, Rdsok

rsleegers
Enthusiast

Version 1.1.0.2 POP3HTML released

Post by rsleegers » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:38 pm

I've been running version 1.1.0.2 on my system for a while. There are still some issues with it (exception error) that I cannot nail down, but it's stable enough for regular use. See the web site below for download and install instructions.
Richard
PopTray 3.2 (beta 5) RC1
http://ca.geocities.com/rsleegers/PopTray/

rsleegers
Enthusiast

What is it?

Post by rsleegers » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:15 pm

Now that this topic is sticky I suppose I should include a description of what this plug-in is for those new to PopTray, and if Renier can find some time to include it on the PopTray Plug-ins page. From the POP3HTML web site:

I have extended PopTray (through the use of its plug-ins capability) to handle HTML e-mails by removing the tags, but leaving links intact while Previewing. PopTray already makes properly formed links clickable.

Images that had alt tags will display the alt tags as well.

It works with POP3 accounts only, and does not interoperate with other PopTray plug-ins. It does work with third-party software such as FreePops, Popfile. It includes an installer to make installs and upgrades simpler.
Richard
PopTray 3.2 (beta 5) RC1

Wanderer
Still here

Post by Wanderer » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:44 am

Hello

I installed the plugin hoping it would work with a Yahoo account via YPops but as i saw here, it doesn't. Are you planning any improvements on it?

Thanks
Wanderer

rsleegers
Enthusiast

Post by rsleegers » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:07 pm

Wanderer wrote:Hello
I installed the plugin hoping it would work with a Yahoo account via YPops but as i saw here, it doesn't. Are you planning any improvements on it?
I use it with FreePOPS with few problems (occasional crash I can't nail down). Does it use a port redirector? For example, I set to port 2000 and then in the e-mail address designate the server and final port.
Richard
PopTray 3.2 (beta 5) RC1

Wanderer
Still here

Post by Wanderer » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:17 pm

rsleegers wrote:Does it use a port redirector? For example, I set to port 2000 and then in the e-mail address designate the server and final port.
I've set YPops to listen to port 7451 and i've adjusted Poptray to do the same too. YPops just connects to Yahoo via normal HTTP...
Wanderer

rsleegers
Enthusiast

Post by rsleegers » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:40 pm

Have you also tried both Open and Preview; and configured the plugin to use either or both?

Also keep in mind that if PopTray does not load enough lines it may not be possible to render. If you have PopTray set to read only the first 50 lines, and that is all HTML, you will not see much text.
Richard
PopTray 3.2 (beta 5) RC1

Wanderer
Still here

Post by Wanderer » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:11 pm

The "Preview top lines" is unchecked so the whole message is being read.
rsleegers wrote:Have you also tried both Open and Preview; and configured the plugin to use either or both?
I've tried the preview button and doubleclick on the message but neither works. Where is the "open" in Poptray?
Wanderer

jojobear99
PopTrayU Developer

Post by jojobear99 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:41 pm

Hi, I'm having some trouble with this plugin. It seemed to work when I first installed it, but it seems to have spontaneously stopped converting html emails to plain-text readable ones even though I haven't changed any settings in poptray. My POP3 account is set to the POP3.HTML protocol and the plugins list shows the plugin as enabled. Any other ideas on diagnosing why its not working?

Thain Dikkers
First Timer

Hotmail plugin

Post by Thain Dikkers » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:44 pm

Installed hotmail plugin and get the message "Access violation at address 0164A0B8 in module "Hotmail.dll" . Read of address 6C617271. How do I get this to scan for email on msn.com. Thain

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Re: Hotmail plugin

Post by Rdsok » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:18 am

Thain Dikkers wrote:Installed hotmail plugin and get the message "Access violation at address 0164A0B8 in module "Hotmail.dll" . Read of address 6C617271. How do I get this to scan for email on msn.com. Thain
This thread is for the POP3HTML plugin... not the Hotmail plugin which has been discontinued because Microsoft continually changes how to access Hotmail accounts. See this post for info on how to do it now viewtopic.php?t=2469