Is there Webmail plugin for lycos.com (Lycos free email)

Writing and using PopTray plug-ins

Moderators: KY Dave, jojobear99, Rdsok

luc
First Timer

Is there Webmail plugin for lycos.com (Lycos free email)

Post by luc » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:35 pm

Hi,

I am new to PopTray. I have a free Lycos email account. The free account does not support POP3; it's only available in the paid version. Therefore, I am asking if there is a PopTray plugin that support webmail for lycos.com .

TIA for any help.

/luc

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:22 pm

You may actually want to read the sticky posts and/or use the forum search next time before you blindly ask questions since most questions have likely been asked/answered before... see viewtopic.php?t=2469

luc
First Timer

Post by luc » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:52 pm

Rdsok wrote:You may actually want to read the sticky posts and/or use the forum search next time before you blindly ask questions since most questions have likely been asked/answered before... see viewtopic.php?t=2469
Sorry for doing that. Actually, I saw information about the freepop plugin. But when clicking on the link to lycos domain, I saw a claim which stated that the plugin does not work for lycos.it. Therefore, I figured that someone can save me time by telling a definite plugin that would work with lycos.com.

It looks like I have to try it for myself and see. :)

luc
First Timer

Post by luc » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:45 pm

luc wrote:
Rdsok wrote:You may actually want to read the sticky posts and/or use the forum search next time before you blindly ask questions since most questions have likely been asked/answered before... see viewtopic.php?t=2469
Sorry for doing that. Actually, I saw information about the freepop plugin. But when clicking on the link to lycos domain, I saw a claim which stated that the plugin does not work for lycos.it. Therefore, I figured that someone can save me time by telling a definite plugin that would work with lycos.com.

It looks like I have to try it for myself and see. :)
I tried freepops for myself and found out that it doesn't support lycos.com. Its manual is somewhat unclear on this matter.