Installing SSL Plug-in

Writing and using PopTray plug-ins

Moderators: KY Dave, jojobear99, Rdsok

PopTray Princess
First Timer

Installing SSL Plug-in

Post by PopTray Princess » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:54 pm

Hi
I have had PopTray for a few years now and have always been very pleased with it, so much so I recommended it to my son. I downloaded it for him, started to set it up only to find out my son's ISP (virginmedia.com) has a SSL connection.
I then downloaded the examples plug-in, unzipped it and tried to install in the Poptray Folder, then started PopTray but I can't see the Plug-in in the Options> Plug-ins tab.
I have tried over and over again to install it and have read all through the PopTray forum to no avail. :cry:
Also I would be grateful if you could tell me where I add POP SLL in the accounts tab.
Any info would be gratefully received as I'm sure my son would appreciate PopTray as much as I do.

PopTray Princess
First Timer

Post by PopTray Princess » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:54 pm

Hi,
I have now managed to download the Plug-in required and have found my way to the options folder checking POP3 with SSL, also changing the Protocol to POP3 SSL.
But still I cannot receive OE mail to this account.
I read somewhere about needing an Indy dll ?? but I don't have one in the folder.
I unzipped the Indy folder (which has several txt files and nothing else) and pasted this into the plugins folder (just in case) but still nothing :cry: .
I should add I have changed my settings with Virgin Media to except POP3 Protocol.
Could someone out there please tell me where I'm going wrong.
Thanks in advance.

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:46 pm

Here are the instructions for installing the plugin using Gmail as the example server... viewtopic.php?t=2874

PopTray Princess
First Timer

Post by PopTray Princess » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:12 pm

Rdsok wrote:Here are the instructions for installing the plugin using Gmail as the example server... viewtopic.php?t=2874
Thank you for the reply Rdsok
I have followed your instructions (changing the relevant info) but to no avail, could it be I have the wrong Port number??
Please could you tell me where I would find this info?
Thanks again

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:21 am

You would find out what your settings need to be from your ISP themselves.

PopTray Princess
First Timer

Post by PopTray Princess » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:53 pm

Rdsok wrote:You would find out what your settings need to be from your ISP themselves.
Thank you I will ring them on Monday. :wink: