EIdReplyPOP3Error on freenet.de access

Moderators: jojobear99, Rdsok

hana
First Timer

EIdReplyPOP3Error on freenet.de access

Post by hana » Wed May 03, 2017 7:22 am

In the last 2 weeks freenet.de seemed to changed something with SSL handling. Most of the mail clients using Indy sockets had the same problem: When retrieving message headers using POP3 (SSL/TLS via port 995 * auto * auto * STARTLS:no) the EIdReplyPOP3Error message shows an POP3 handling error.

It looks like a Indy socket handling problem (EssentialPIM had the same issue, but works now.)

Thank you
Andreas

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Re: EIdReplyPOP3Error on freenet.de access

Post by Rdsok » Wed May 03, 2017 3:54 pm

hana wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 7:22 am
In the last 2 weeks freenet.de seemed to changed something with SSL handling. Most of the mail clients using Indy sockets had the same problem: When retrieving message headers using POP3 (SSL/TLS via port 995 * auto * auto * STARTLS:no) the EIdReplyPOP3Error message shows an POP3 handling error.

It looks like a Indy socket handling problem (EssentialPIM had the same issue, but works now.)

Thank you
Andreas
If you haven't tried it yet... try different settings in the "Advanced Connection settings" area in Account Settings. Once you make a change, completely close PoptrayU and restart it... by default it only closes to the system tray and you have to manually exit it using the right click menu on the icon.

If you find a set of settings that do work.. please post back what you are using so others that have accounts that may also get helped.

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Re: EIdReplyPOP3Error on freenet.de access

Post by Rdsok » Thu May 04, 2017 3:14 pm

I just had some time to visit freemail.de and look around... like my first post, this is just general suggestions since I'm not the programmer, just another user trying to help..

jojobear ( the developer of PoptrayU ) does visit here on occasion but does most of the support on her own development forum at https://sourceforge.net/p/poptrayu/discussion/ ... so if you find you need more help, post there also.

First thing I noticed... was they mentioned making certain that you enable pop3, smtp, imap in the settings. This reminds me of how Gmail handles things outside of the webmail. So do verify you have that option enabled.

Here are the settings they recommend for your info in verifying your setup... http://kundenservice.freenet.de/artikel/1869