Connect Error

Moderators: jojobear99, Rdsok

Koarl
Evolving

Connect Error

Post by Koarl » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:38 pm

Hi,

after changing and transfering PoptrayU to Win10 on a new machine i get the following error message on only one Mailbox:

ElDNumberinvalid - Number Parameter (relative message number or UID) is invalid; Must be 1 or greater

and therefor am not able to check this box

any help how to get rid of this would be highly appreciated

best regards from Vienna, the heart of europe

by(e)
Koarl

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Re: Connect Error

Post by Rdsok » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:09 am

It's unclear as to what you did or where you performed that action in order to get the error that you mentioned.

So let me at least touch on some things you said that were either said wrong or did wrong....

First you don't transfer a program in Windows from another installation... You need to properly install the program ( PoptrayU in this case ) by using the installation file so all files are placed in the proper locations AND the proper registry entries are made so that Windows knows how the program wants to be run.

After you've installed PoptrayU properly, you can then copy ( transfer ) the user data files over so you don't have to resetup all of the account info. Where those user data files are located will be related to what version of Windows and where you'd selected the user data files to be placed during the installation process.

You mention not being able to check some box somewhere... However you didn't say where you were and what you were trying to do at that time. There are several locations through the settings that have checkboxes available and I have no way to know which one you are speaking of.

Koarl
Evolving

Re: Connect Error

Post by Koarl » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:58 pm

The error came after i installed PoptrayU on my new win10 machine and transfered the settings from an old win7 laptop

anyhow, it was only one mailbox running on win7 in imap mode, now on win10 as pop3 again and it is working

all other pop3 accounts i was able to use without problems...

thx for your help