"Error: Message identifiers don't match. The Safe delete option prevented deletion of this message."

Moderators: jojobear99, Rdsok

ant
Evolving

"Error: Message identifiers don't match. The Safe delete option prevented deletion of this message."

Post by ant » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:46 am

Hello.

I get "Error: Message identifiers don't match. The Safe delete option prevented deletion of this message." a lot when deleting several unread new e-mails from a POP e-mail server. Why is this happening?

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Re: "Error: Message identifiers don't match. The Safe delete option prevented deletion of this message."

Post by Rdsok » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:53 am

The server probably doesn't support it or possibly doesn't support it properly... you can disable the option under Advanced options

Direct from the Help File...

Whenever you want to delete a message, PopTray will use the POP3 UIDL command (if your server supports it) to get a unique identifier of the message. This is used to make sure that the message you are about to delete is still the same message on the server. (Previously on Advanced Misc Screen)

ant
Evolving

Re: "Error: Message identifiers don't match. The Safe delete option prevented deletion of this message."

Post by ant » Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:21 am

Rdsok wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:53 am
The server probably doesn't support it or possibly doesn't support it properly... you can disable the option under Advanced options

Direct from the Help File...

Whenever you want to delete a message, PopTray will use the POP3 UIDL command (if your server supports it) to get a unique identifier of the message. This is used to make sure that the message you are about to delete is still the same message on the server. (Previously on Advanced Misc Screen)
Hmm, I don't want to accidently wrong e-mails!

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:55 am

ant wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:21 am
Hmm, I don't want to accidently wrong e-mails!
Hmm... perhaps you should talk to your email provider.. it's outside the scope of a free program to make changes to their server and what they support or don't support.

ant
Evolving

Post by ant » Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:14 am

Now, I am getting "error adding" error in v5.2.9 beta after deleting e-mails. It keeps coming back even after restarting PopTrayU. :(

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:08 am

Be more specific... I don't recall anyone mentioning the error before and perhaps if you'd actually describe what you ( or the program ) was doing when that happened and if any other changes were made just before it happened, it may give a clue. I'd also suggest a computer restart just in case it was something else that was a one time error.

ant
Evolving

Post by ant » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:10 am

Rdsok wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:08 am
Be more specific... I don't recall anyone mentioning the error before and perhaps if you'd actually describe what you ( or the program ) was doing when that happened and if any other changes were made just before it happened, it may give a clue. I'd also suggest a computer restart just in case it was something else that was a one time error.
It happened after unchecking "Safe Delete (using UIDL)", deleting inbox e-mails, and then it tried to download new emails. I think I made it stop when I rechecked "Safe Delete (using UIDL)"? We'll see...