Where is the log file stored in Windows 10?

Moderators: jojobear99, Rdsok

DDDannn
Still here

Where is the log file stored in Windows 10?

Post by DDDannn » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:54 pm

Can I ask where on the hard drive the log file of rules is stored please? That is the record of automatic deletes and so on, no matter how hard I just cannot seem to find it and as I see email arriving and being automatically deleted it would be useful to see it.
Any help greatly appreciated....
DDDannn

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:13 pm

It will depend on which option you selected during the installation... the default location is ....

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\PopTrayU where [username] is your user account name.

You could have also selected the program folder location or a network location.

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Re: Where is the log file stored in Windows 10

Post by Rdsok » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:42 am

Devamon wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:21 pm
I just realized that since the boards makeover the fafic part where we can post our stories is gone. So where can I post up my stories now?
Like other support forums, do not post in other peoples threads as you have been doing that is for certain. This forum is a support forum for PoptrayU ( and previously Poptray ) and not a generic forum for just anything. Being a support forum, the point is to help the person that starts a thread, not chit chat about unrelated subjects or your own issue even if it's similar. If you have a question or comment concerning PoptrayU, start your own thread for that question/comment.

There is an Anything forum area for things not related to Poptray/PoptrayU but few people visit it these days.

ClarenceBranch
First Timer

Re: Where is the log file stored in Windows 10?

Post by ClarenceBranch » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:00 pm

Suppose you are talking about MS Outlook files that are getting automatically deleted due to spam filters. In that case, you can always recover them with the recovery disk software or online services like raid data recovery site. If you are thinking about restoring incoming emails at any online site, unfortunately, you will not be able to recover them. In that case, the only way to go is to request help from the customer service. For example, if you got emails deleted on your Gmail, you should approach google customer support if you would like to restore emails.
Last edited by ClarenceBranch on Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Re: Where is the log file stored in Windows 10?

Post by Rdsok » Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:26 pm

ClarenceBranch wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:00 pm
Suppose you are talking about MS Outlook files that are getting automatically deleted due to spam filters.
PoptrayU does not connect to MS Outlook or any other email client program.. it connects directly to your email server. So it ( PoptrayU ) is not deleting any MS Outlook files... it can only remove/delete emails that exist on the email server itself.