Notifications

Moderators: jojobear99, Rdsok

Koarl
Enthusiast

Notifications

Post by Koarl » Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:03 pm

Hi!

just installed the latest version 5.3 and migrated my rules, black and whitelist from 5.0b9

I have one rule for one incoming adress which shoul make sound only once when a new mail matching this rules comes in. Everythin worked perfect with 5.0b9, after updating to 5.3 this rule makes sound many times although there's no new matching mail.

Bug or feature, that's the question

Any help would be appreciated!
by(e)
Koarl

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Re: Notifications

Post by Rdsok » Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:55 pm

It's hard to make any guess on a rule that you didn't even give any info about...

Things you can try... disable the rule to see if the sound still happens or not...

Try making a simple version that you can test with...

Make sure it is set to only check New Messages ...

Beyond that... actually provide info about the rule's settings and perhaps someone can test on their system.

Koarl
Enthusiast

Post by Koarl » Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:22 am

Thx for your answer, appreciate it!

The thing i mean: Is there anything changed between 5.0 b9 and 5.3 that makes this happen when migrating old settings?

I reverted back to 5.0b9 and everythings OK :o
by(e)
Koarl

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:13 am

Not that I'm aware of but this is a beta release and no one has reported the issue previously here or on the Discussion area on Soundforge. Having said that, I suspect using a notification sound isn't that common which also could account for that as well. I can only suggest trying the couple of tests I suggested since there are other things updated beyond that listed in the History text file.

Here is the change log ( history.txt ) file info...

=============
Version 5.3.0 (Beta Release)
May 2018 to July 2022
=============
(note: this release was never officially released)

New Features
------------
* Multi-folder accounts
* IMAP accounts can now check multiple folders for new mail, if desired
* See "IMAP account options" on accounts tab to enable this feature.

* More Visual Themes
* Additional Visual Themes are now included as optional component with installer

* Clear message list action
* Right click on the toolbar and select customize to add this action to the toolbar
* This action clears the list of messages and resets the message count and tray icon for a given account
* It's as if you never checked the account ;-)

* /DEBUG command line flag
-> Adds an extra tab to the main window called Debug which shows logging output.

* Number Only Icon support
* User-requested feature to make the tray icon only show the number in a larger font to make it more legible
* No UI for setting this yet. You must manually update the INI file to turn it on (Exit PopTrayU, edit the boolean 'UseNumberOnlyIcon' in the Options section of the ini file, and then restart to enable this feature)

Changes
-------
* For IMAP accounts, only "unread" messages are now counted for the tray icon message count, and the count shown in the account tab. Any email already read in another client really isn't "new" and shouldn't require notification like it's new.
* Message download order changed to download the most-recent first instead of oldest first.
* Main Window Title bar changes to show more useful information pertaining to the account or tab shown
* Status bar progress captions while downloading mail modified
* All account check algorithms substantially re-written to accomodate needs of multi-folder accounts. Hopefully no user-visible changes.
* First time checking an account, it will skip the quick-check algorithm and use the full-checking algorithm because if there are no messages already downloaded this will be slightly faster.

Bug Fixes
---------
* Help button on about and accounts tabs not bringing up the help file fixed
* Crash loading column order and sort order when invalid data present in ini file fixed
* Fix deleting messages only deleting every other message
* Remove Gmail label was not populating the label list correctly
* Count of messages shown in tray icon could not display numbers over 99 without cutting off part of the first and/or last digits. Now attempts to scale the font size to fit as best as is possible in such a limited space.

Other Notes
-----------
OpenSSL library plugin has also been updated to 1.0.2u version, but you will need to download the installer for the SSL library seperately as usual, due to US cryptography export laws. (side note: This branch of the SSL library is end of life as of 2020, so there's some major future work to be done here, but that's a project for another day)