Mark Menu Items Grayed Out

Moderators: jojobear99, Rdsok

Lawren5
First Timer

Mark Menu Items Grayed Out

Post by Lawren5 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:22 pm

Most of the Mark menu items are grayed out so I cannot mark an email as Read or Unread. Only the Spam ones are working.
Is this a bug?

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Re: Mark Menu Items Grayed Out

Post by Rdsok » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:31 pm

You haven't provided much info beyond what you are experiencing so there is nothing to base a suggestion on...

What program and program version are you talking about. What version of Windows are you running it on. What type of email server are you checking ( POP3, IMAP ).

Lawren5
First Timer

Post by Lawren5 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:34 pm

Here's what I'm using:
PopTrayU Version 5.2.6
Windows 10 Pro
POP3

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:27 pm

Moved your topic/thread to the proper forum area for PoptrayU topics/questions... Poptray ( the forum location you posted in ) is no longer supported since it quit being developed.

Marking messages is not supported with POP3 accounts, it is only a feature that IMAP accounts have.

Lawren5
First Timer

Post by Lawren5 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:57 pm

Thanks, I guess I need to use IMAP.
What area did you relocate this post to? I can't find it anywhere else other than where I originally posted it.

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:18 am

Lawren5 wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:57 pm
Thanks, I guess I need to use IMAP.
What area did you relocate this post to? I can't find it anywhere else other than where I originally posted it.
PoptrayU ( as is/was Poptray ) is nothing more then email notifier that you can also read emails with and setup rules for certain things. It isn't a full email program so using it with POP3 or IMAP really makes no difference since you still need whatever you use to read emails with.

It's located in the obvious place where it belongs if you scroll down a bit ... Board index-> PopTrayU-> General Discussion ... the other location only has a shadow copy that leads you to where I moved it too.