NEU: Deutsche Übersetzung von PopTray-Hilfe und Sprachdatei

General discussion about PopTray. You love it? You hate it? Talk about it here.

Moderators: KY Dave, jojobear99, Rdsok

mm
Still here

NEU: Deutsche Übersetzung von PopTray-Hilfe und Sprachdatei

Post by mm » Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:11 pm

Die deutsche Sprachdatei von PopTray (German.ptlang) wurde von mir überarbeitet und vervollständigt.

Die komplette Hilfe-Datei PopTray.chm liegt jetzt in einer vollständigen deutschen Übersetzung vor. Sie muss in das Programm-Verzeichnis von PopTray (Standard: c:\programme\poptray\) kopiert werden. Die englischsprachige Originaldatei sollte vorher umbenannt werden.

Deutsche Version von PopTray.chm:
http://www.ytom.de/download/poptray/Pop ... an_CHM.zip (Größe: 84KB)

Revidierte und vollständige Version von German.ptlang:
http://www.ytom.de/download/poptray/Pop ... ptlang.zip (Größe: 9KB)

Die revidierte Version von German.ptlang muss in das Unterverzeichnis der Sprachdateien kopiert werden: (Standard: c:\programme\poptray\languages\)

Die Original-Datei sollte zuvor umbenannt werden.

Schönen Gruß
Michael Motylewski

ComputerBob
Guru

Post by ComputerBob » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:21 pm

Was bedeutet diese Anzeige? Ich kenne nicht die deutsche Sprache.
ComputerBob - Making Geek-Speak Chic™
http://www.computerbob.com
One Of The Largest One-Person Sites On The Web
With Tons of Information, Software, Help, and Fun

mm
Still here

Post by mm » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:37 pm

[quote="ComputerBob"]Was bedeutet diese Anzeige? Ich kenne nicht die deutsche Sprache.[/quote]

The German language file of PopTray (German.ptlang) has been revised and completed.

The complete help file PopTray.chm comes for the first time in a German translation. It must be copied into the program directory of PopTray (default on German PCs: c:\programme\poptray\). Before you do that the original (English language) file should be renamed.

Download German version of PopTray.chm:
http://www.ytom.de/download/poptray/Pop ... an_CHM.zip (download size: 84KB)

Revised and complete version of German.ptlang:
http://www.ytom.de/download/poptray/Pop ... ptlang.zip (Größe: 9KB)

The revised version of German.ptlang has to copied to the subdirectory with the language files: (default on German PCs: c:\programme\poptray\languages\)

The original file should be renamed first.

Best regards
Michael Motylewski

Post scriptum: If one does not understand another language the message is enigmatic. Therefore be invited to learn languages. There is more than English :-). I am sure that PopTray users who are interested in a German translation will understand my message :-))

ComputerBob
Guru

Post by ComputerBob » Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:34 pm

mm wrote:Post scriptum: If one does not understand another language the message is enigmatic. Therefore be invited to learn languages. There is more than English :-).
It would have been nice if you had just answered my question. You didn't need to imply that you're intellectually superior to those who prefer to communicate in English. :roll:

BTW, I find it hauntingly ominous that you assumed that I don't know any languages, just because I've chosen not to learn the German language. :roll:

mm
Still here

Post by mm » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:46 am

[quote="ComputerBob"]You didn't need to imply that you're intellectually superior to those who prefer to communicate in English. :roll:

BTW, I find it hauntingly ominous that you assumed that I don't know any languages, just because I've chosen not to learn the German language. :roll:[/quote]

Maybe It is less a question of intellectual superiority but of parochialism. There is a life outside the English spoken world. Therefore I found it hauntingly ominous that you required a translation of my message although it was obviously addressed to readers of the language used.

Nevertheless I did not want to offend you but understanding requires an effort in both directions.

ComputerBob
Guru

Post by ComputerBob » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:47 am

You are the one who posted your German message in a forum in which 99.999% of the messages are in English. All I did was ask you what your message meant. I sincerely wanted to understand what your message was about. I did not attack you or provoke you in any way. If I ever have the need to post an English message in a German forum, I would expect a German person in that forum to ask me what my message said. I would not take offence at their question, and I certainly would not act snarky and superior to them, invite them to take English language lessons, accuse them of parochialism, and attack them, based on my incorrect assumptions about their view of the world, all while pretending that I mean no offence, as you continue to do to me in this forum thread.

You have made several incorrect judgements about me, proving that you make instant judgements about complete strangers' motivations, political beliefs and world views, based solely on your own self-important prejudices, because remember, all I did was ask you what your message meant. I did absolutely nothing to justify your personal attacks, and everything that you incorrectly assumed about my politics, world view, etc., came not from my simple question, but from your own evil prejudices. Maybe you just feel superior to me because I am from the U.S. If so, that's too bad, because I'm a great guy, and it is your loss to not have me as a friend.

And now, after attacking me repeatedly, your sense of superiority prevents you from offering me an apology for your offenses, but instead, you pretend that you meant no offence. I don't believe you. You have proven that you are the antithesis of the "let's understand each other" attitude that you profess, and I consider your behavior toward me to be both blatantly xenophobic and openly hostile.

In the 20th century, millions of people were murdered when one group of people thought that it was superior to other groups of people. That's why I always refuse to "surrender" when someone like you ignorantly acts like they think they are superior to others.

Please be assured that there is absolutely no need for you to reply to this post, because I already understand you. I wish I didn't, but unfortunately, I do understand you.

homaquebec
PopTray Family

Help File in french available

Post by homaquebec » Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:37 pm

The Help File, in french, prepared for the version 3.0 of PopTray is available on this site. The translation is excellent.

If you want to use it, download it and manually copy it in the PopTray directory. You could (should) save a copy of the english file and of the french one since, once installed, the french one will crush the english one.

Name of the file = Poptray.chm
Size of the file = 66.4 K

My web site on PopTray can now be found by Google. Up to now, I had 359 visitors.

Renier
Site Admin

Post by Renier » Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:11 pm

At some stage I will add these translated helpfiles to the PopTray website. The only problem is of course that the helpfiles might beome old unless the translators keep updating them with each version of PopTray.

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:09 pm

Renier wrote:At some stage I will add these translated helpfiles to the PopTray website. The only problem is of course that the helpfiles might beome old unless the translators keep updating them with each version of PopTray.
I think this is a minor problem compared to the risk that you would not continue your work on PopTray ;-)

But I was aware of that before offering my localised German help and language files. If there is a substantial interest in using these translation I will be ready for updates in the future. If I learn timely from an impending update it should be no problem do finish the job without delay.

mm
Still here

Post by mm » Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:12 pm

[quote="Anonymous"][quote="Renier"]At some stage I will add these translated helpfiles to the PopTray website. The only problem is of course that the helpfiles might beome old unless the translators keep updating them with each version of PopTray.[/quote]

I think this is a minor problem compared to the risk that you would not continue your work on PopTray ;-)

But I was aware of that before offering my localised German help and language files. If there is a substantial interest in using these translation I will be ready for updates in the future. If I learn timely from an impending update it should be no problem do finish the job without delay.[/quote]

Oops. My answer was already delayed :-( (Guest was me)

Dilas
Evolving

Post by Dilas » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:56 am

thanks mm - your translation is good work!

Danke mm - Deine Übersetzung ist hervorragend! :wink:

mm
Still here

Post by mm » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:19 am

Dilas wrote:thanks mm - your translation is good work!
Danke mm - Deine Übersetzung ist hervorragend! :wink:
Dilas, thank you for your friendly and encouraging comment!

It may be of interest for some users that downloads of the German translation in the last two months count as follows:

71 downloads: poptray_german_chm.zip
52 downloads: poptray_german_ptlang.zip

This is a bit surprising because the help text (chm file) refers to the terminology used in the ptlang file. Therefore it is recommended to use both files for optimal results.

Regards
mm

Renier
Site Admin

Post by Renier » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:41 am

PopTray itself had about 70,000 downloads in 2005 from the poptray.org website.

mm
Still here

Post by mm » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:13 pm

Renier wrote:PopTray itself had about 70,000 downloads in 2005 from the poptray.org website.
With respect to these figures it could be very helpful to offer a download of the German translation files from the poptray.org website.

Up to now only users searching the poptray forum for German language support possibly will be redirected to my download offer.

mm
Still here

Re: NEU: Deutsche Übersetzung von PopTray-Hilfe und Sprachda

Post by mm » Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:35 pm

DE: Die deutsche Sprachdatei von PopTray (German.ptlang) wurde für PopTray 3.2 (beta 2) aktualisiert.

EN: The German language file has been updated to PopTray 3.2 (beta 2).

Download from:

PopTray.chm (Deutsche Version/German version):
http://www.ytom.de/download/poptray/Pop ... an_CHM.zip (84KB)

German.ptlang (version 3.2 beta 2:
http://www.ytom.de/download/poptray/Pop ... ptlang.zip (9KB)

DE: Die revidierte Version von German.ptlang muss in das Unterverzeichnis der Sprachdateien kopiert werden: (Standard: c:\programme\poptray\languages\)

EN: The revised version of German.ptlang has to be copied into the subdirectory containing the language files (Default: c:\programme\poptray\languages\
In order to avoid overwriting the original file should be renamed first.

Schönen Gruß / Sincerely
Michael Motylewski

mm
Still here

Re: NEU: Deutsche Übersetzung von PopTray-Hilfe und Sprachda

Post by mm » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:40 pm

DE: Die deutschsprachigen Hilfe- (poptray.chm) und Sprachdateien für PopTray (German.ptlang) wurden für PopTray 3.2 aktualisiert.

EN: The German help and language files have been updated to PopTray 3.2.

Download from:

German.ptlang (version 3.2):
http://www.ytom.de/download/poptray/Pop ... ptlang.zip (9KB)

PopTray.chm (Deutsche Version/German version):
http://www.ytom.de/download/poptray/Pop ... n_Help.zip (84KB)

DE: Die revidierte Version von German.ptlang muss in das Unterverzeichnis der Sprachdateien kopiert werden: (Standard: c:\programme\poptray\languages\)

DE: Wenn man die deutschsprachige Hilfedatei anstelle der Originalhilfe verwenden möchte, sollte man zuerst die Originaldatei umbenennen und anschließend die Datei poptray.chm aus der ZIP-Datei in das Programmverzeichnis von PopTray kopieren.

EN: The revised version of German.ptlang has to be copied into the subdirectory containing the language files (Default: c:\programme\poptray\languages\
In order to avoid overwriting the original file should be renamed first.

EN: If you want to use the German Help file instead of the original help you should rename the original file first and then copy the file poptray.chm from the ZIP file into the program folder of PopTray.

Schönen Gruß / Sincerely
Michael Motylewski