poptray-accounts

General discussion about PopTray. You love it? You hate it? Talk about it here.

Moderators: KY Dave, jojobear99, Rdsok

kcarlos

poptray-accounts

Post by kcarlos » Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:34 pm

I have accomplished a mail-account from my provider "nordcom" without any problem. But opening up any account with hotmail or yahoo failed even though I have installed this suggested freepop. Who could give an helpful advice.
With web.de there I have another problem. Incoming mails are announced correctly. But trying to get a preview on it there is showing up an error, saying: time distance between two logins too less(Freemail:15min, Club:kein)/minpolll timelimit.
Any ideas?
Kcarlos :idea: :?:

KY Dave
Not the Developer

Post by KY Dave » Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:47 pm

If you are using FREEPOPS, then you need to have the following settings in the HOTMAIL account.

SERVER = 127.0.0.1 or LOCALHOST
PORT = 2000
PROTOCOL = POP3
LOGIN = YOUR COMPLETE ADDRESS -> KYDAVE@HOTMAIL.COM
PASSWORD = CORRECT PASSWORD

SAVE ACCOUNT, QUIT PopTray, RESTART.

I also suggest placing a LINK to FREEPOPS in your START MENU, STARTUP folder as it needs to run anytime you are checking a HOTMAIL account.
Last edited by KY Dave on Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KY Dave

Family Blog
You can STOP SPAM using PopFile and PopTray.

quosego
Guru

Post by quosego » Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:07 pm

For an old hotmail account i use the poptray plugin, but this does not work for recent hotmail accounts.
So instead i downloaded freepops, this prgram works fine.

Since a have several instances of poptray for different email groups i would like to start both poptray and freepops with one click.
Can someone give me a clue how to do that?

Re: poptray-accounts

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:37 pm

kcarlos wrote:With web.de there I have another problem. Incoming mails are announced correctly. But trying to get a preview on it there is showing up an error, saying: time distance between two logins too less(Freemail:15min, Club:kein)/minpolll timelimit.
Any ideas?
Kcarlos :idea: :?:
what it says is that you have to pay for a better service. as poptray logged in to check your mailbox on the provider's (web.de) server you have to wait 15 min for the next login to see a preview.