Brand new PopTray problem

General discussion about PopTray. You love it? You hate it? Talk about it here.

Moderators: KY Dave, jojobear99, Rdsok

Vasya
Still here

Brand new PopTray problem

Post by Vasya » Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:54 pm

I just started having strange problem with PopTray. Almost every time I'm checking mail in my 3 accounts (one Webmail with POP3 support and 2 at my ISP) I'm getting message:
[b]Connect Error:
Socket Error # 10053
Software caused connection abort.[/b]
However my another account at the same server is going through spam filter (Spamihilator) and works just fine. My Yahoo (through Ypops) and GMAIL accounts don't give me any troubles too.
All other E-mail clients work with all accounts with no problems at all. So I had to switch from PopTray to Pop Peeper (which I like much less) after several years of using PopTray.
I tried different firewall (just in case) but it didn't help. Also tried to completely uninstall and reinstall PopTray with the same result.
Is there any log I can look at or some other way to figure out what's going on? Please help!
P.S. I'm using PopTray 3.1, Windows XP SP2, Symantec Antivirus with Email control.

Mindblower
Still here

Possible cure

Post by Mindblower » Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:01 pm

Hello Vasya. Were you using the the same antivirus program prior to having this problem? Might be reaching here, but this program is known to cause side effects in others, Mindblower!

Vasya
Still here

Post by Vasya » Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:10 pm

I actually found the problem. It was caused by the program called NetPeeker which is a traffic monitoring tool. It installs its own driver which was conflicting with PopTray. Seems like a very useful program but PopTray is more important for me so I had to get rid of it. So be aware...
Thanks!

Mindblower
Still here

Thanks

Post by Mindblower » Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:48 pm

Hello Vasya. Am trying out your problem program, and so far it works just fine. Will keep an eye on it for a week or so and decide to keep or junk. BTW, thanks, Mindblower!

Vasya
Still here

Post by Vasya » Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:10 pm

Mine worked fine for a while then started giving me problems like the one with PopTray, blue screen with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL_, etc. But it was very intermittent. If you see this happening just get rid of NetPeeker.
Sorry for the offtopic...