Del Spam tab function

General discussion about PopTray. You love it? You hate it? Talk about it here.

Moderators: KY Dave, jojobear99, Rdsok

Midnight Rambler
Still here

Del Spam tab function

Post by Midnight Rambler » Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:47 am

On the Mail tab of the PopTray window, there is a "Del Spam" button that allows three fuctions for dealing with downloaded mail.

If I mark the message as spam and delete the spam with the button, will PopTray AUTOMATICALLY delete future spam mail of that same type after downloading it?

Thanks in advance.

KY Dave
Not the Developer

Re: Del Spam tab function

Post by KY Dave » Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:36 am

Midnight Rambler wrote:If I mark the message as spam and delete the spam with the button, will PopTray AUTOMATICALLY delete future spam mail of that same type after downloading it?
No, PopTray won't automatically delete future spam after you mark one email.

But if you right click that on that email, CLICK RULE, ADD RULE FOR MAIL FROM SENDER or ADD RULE FOR MAIL WITH SUBJECT, then CLICK on DELETE. Then PopTray will DELETE the next occurence of the criteria you choose.

QUIT PopTray and RESTART for changes to take effect.
KY Dave

Family Blog
You can STOP SPAM using PopFile and PopTray.

lemming
Groupie

Re: Del Spam tab function

Post by lemming » Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:12 pm

No, PopTray doesn't have "learning" capabilities. You'd probably want something like Robin Keir's K9, which BTW, works very well with PopTray.

-Lemming 8)
Midnight Rambler wrote:On the Mail tab of the PopTray window, there is a "Del Spam" button that allows three fuctions for dealing with downloaded mail.

If I mark the message as spam and delete the spam with the button, will PopTray AUTOMATICALLY delete future spam mail of that same type after downloading it?

Thanks in advance.