Pop Try and Rules

General discussion about PopTray. You love it? You hate it? Talk about it here.

Moderators: KY Dave, jojobear99, Rdsok

Ticlaude
First Timer

Pop Try and Rules

Post by Ticlaude » Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:17 am

Hello Everybody

I will to know where i can download a package for filter rules to import for Poptray, like something (filters) delrules.ini to make reject, when i receive spam.

Thank You and have a nice day :oops:
Ticlaude a partner with Kaspersky Canada

KY Dave
Not the Developer

Re: Pop Try and Rules

Post by KY Dave » Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:44 am

Ticlaude wrote:I will to know where i can download a package for filter rules to import for Poptray, like something (filters) delrules.ini to make reject, when i receive spam.
There is NO file to download for PopTray to delete your spam.

You will have to write your own RULES or use a program like SPAM PAL or K9 along with PopTray.

There is a thread at the top of this forum that will instruct a user on how to setup K9 with PopTray.
KY Dave

Family Blog
You can STOP SPAM using PopFile and PopTray.

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:25 pm

There are good reasons that there isn't a set of shared rules for fighting spam... often rules that may work for one user are useless for others because they receive different spams to start with. You also have to worry about rules that may produce high "false positives" and end up marking good emails as spam because of various reasons.

There are some rules that you can use that will be relatively safe against "false positives" but you will need to test them on your system to ensure that.

Here is one thread that covered what various Poptray users have submitted The Rules & Regular Expressions Thread ... please be aware that while the users did attempt to make them good rules that there are no guarantees and you must use them at your own risk. For this reason it is recommend to only mark them as spam with Poptray and don't have Poptray delete them until you have tested them.

Ticlaude
First Timer

Poptray and rules

Post by Ticlaude » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:23 am

Hello Friends

Thank you for your answer, you have the good answer with false positives, now i knows why they can't have rules pakage.

If i have more spam, i will try with K9. For now, l have to look for that before
The Rules & Regular Expressions Thread
Sorry about my french :lol:

Have a nice day
Ticlaude a partner with Kaspersky Canada