I don't see tabs in the screen

General discussion about PopTray. You love it? You hate it? Talk about it here.

Moderators: KY Dave, jojobear99, Rdsok

clauderenaud
Still here

I don't see tabs in the screen

Post by clauderenaud » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:08 am

Hi,

As I already say I'm blind and use a screen reader to work under windows and its programs.
With poptray I have no accessibility problems but I just encounter a little difficulties : my screen reader does not see the various tabs in the screen : I only saw last letters of their names (l for mail, s for accounts, t for about).
Are there any graphics which prevent them from being seen by my screen readers or are they displayed vertically ?
Could someone give me a clue ?

Greetings,
--

Claude Renaud

KY Dave
Not the Developer

Re: I don't see tabs in the screen

Post by KY Dave » Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:16 pm

clauderenaud wrote:my screen reader does not see the various tabs in the screen : I only saw last letters of their names (l for mail, s for accounts, t for about).
Are there any graphics which prevent them from being seen by my screen readers or are they displayed vertically ?
Yes, those tabs are displayed vertically.
KY Dave

Family Blog
You can STOP SPAM using PopFile and PopTray.

clauderenaud
Still here

Re: I don't see tabs in the screen

Post by clauderenaud » Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:40 pm

KY Dave wrote:
clauderenaud wrote:my screen reader does not see the various tabs in the screen : I only saw last letters of their names (l for mail, s for accounts, t for about).
Yes, those tabs are displayed vertically.
In a future version, could it be possible to make their orientation optional, in order for me to see if it solves the problem ?

And apart from that, are they covered (partially or not) with graphic elements ?
If yes, could it be possible to add an option to revert to a textual version of the interface ?

In the same way, could it be possible, always optionally to use windows standard colors and be compliant with the default windows accessibility settings ?

Greetings,
--

Claude Renaud

clauderenaud
Still here

Post by clauderenaud » Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:37 am

Any comment on this ?
Could something be done in the next beta in order for me to see if it solves the problem ?
--

Claude Renaud

Renier
Site Admin

Post by Renier » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:20 am

Unfortunately the vertical tabs are very much part of the GUI design and not easy to remove or make optional.

clauderenaud
Still here

Post by clauderenaud » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:05 pm

Renier wrote:Unfortunately the vertical tabs are very much part of the GUI design and not easy to remove or make optional.
Ok.
Are there some images on the main window/on tabs.
If yes, could it be possible to optionally "hide" them, in order to have a pure textual interface, more friendly for screen readers ?
In other words, could it be possible to implement MS Active Accessibility or simpler make the program "completely" accessible for blinds ?

Note : tabs are the only things I have difficulties with ...

Greetings, and congratulations for your great software ...
--

Claude Renaud