Question About Spam

General discussion about PopTray. You love it? You hate it? Talk about it here.

Moderators: KY Dave, jojobear99, Rdsok

philherz
Still here

Question About Spam

Post by philherz » Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:55 pm

First of all, I have to say that I've been using this program for about a week and I can't sing it's praise enough!!!

Is there a simple way to blacklist an email and delete it as spam with a hot-key or do you have to go through:

List>Add to blacklist>YES>Delete Spam?

thnx

KY Dave
Not the Developer

Post by KY Dave » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:07 pm

In PopTray OPTIONS, HOTKEYS, there are a few programable actions that you can set for certain key combinations. However, there aren't any that would add an address to the BLACKLIST.

So, the answer to your question is NO.

The way you described is the way to accomplish that function.

There are a few threads describing AUTOMATIC SPAM DELETION using K9 and PopTray. Users have also developed similar procedures using SPAM PAL and other programs in conjunction with PopTray.
KY Dave

Family Blog
You can STOP SPAM using PopFile and PopTray.

philherz
Still here

Post by philherz » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:35 pm

KY Dave wrote:In PopTray OPTIONS, HOTKEYS, there are a few programable actions that you can set for certain key combinations. However, there aren't any that would add an address to the BLACKLIST.

So, the answer to your question is NO.

The way you described is the way to accomplish that function.

There are a few threads describing AUTOMATIC SPAM DELETION using K9 and PopTray. Users have also developed similar procedures using SPAM PAL and other programs in conjunction with PopTray.
I thought you'd say that....I'd checked the Help menu pretty carefully looking.

QUESTION TWO: Without going to preview, is there a way to show the sender's email address in the pane that shows "From" "To" "Subject" etc.....???

vitoco
Veteran

Post by vitoco » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:25 pm

philherz wrote:QUESTION TWO: Without going to preview, is there a way to show the sender's email address in the pane that shows "From" "To" "Subject" etc.....???
You can place the pointer over a sender's name and the email will be displayed in a tooltip box. The same for the To column. Truncated subjects are also displayed complete in a tooltip.

++Vitoco

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:02 am

In addition... right click on the header area and you can select the To as a visible field by placing a checkmark next to it.