Deletion rules not working.

General discussion about PopTray. You love it? You hate it? Talk about it here.

Moderators: KY Dave, jojobear99, Rdsok

Scotty
Still here

Deletion rules not working.

Post by Scotty » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:18 pm

Well I finally got K9 & PopTray working together, sort of. I don't pretend to even have an idea how I got there.

My latest concern is that my delete rules don't seem to be working. I copied Dave's rules down. K9 now checks the email, properly marks the spam, but then sends it on to Poptray anyway. Shouldn't it just delete it, rather than sending it to PopTray? Or am I misunderstanding?

Thanks,
Scotty

homaquebec
PopTray Family

Re: Deletion rules not working.

Post by homaquebec » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:34 am

Scotty wrote:Well I finally got K9 & PopTray working together, sort of. I don't pretend to even have an idea how I got there.

My latest concern is that my delete rules don't seem to be working. I copied Dave's rules down. K9 now checks the email, properly marks the spam, but then sends it on to Poptray anyway. Shouldn't it just delete it, rather than sending it to PopTray? Or am I misunderstanding?

Thanks,
Scotty
K9, "analysing" the message, writes, before the subject, [Spam][77.0%] (an example).

PopTray, "receiving" the same message, detects "[Spam][77.0%]" and, according to the rule that you wrote, deletes the message.

Do you understand?

Scotty
Still here

Re: Deletion rules not working.

Post by Scotty » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:55 pm

homaquebec,

Thanks fo replying.

Yes I understand what you mean. K9 is marking them, but poptray is not marking the lower percentage spam and not deleteing the high percentage spam. It just comes through to poptray with K9's marking on it but poptray takes no action.

I printed off KY Dave's spam rules and entered these into poptray per his tutorial. Do you enter the asterisks per Dave's example, or is it only bracket to bracket?

homaquebec
PopTray Family

Post by homaquebec » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:10 pm

Here's my rule (that works perfectly well) written for PopTray vs K9:

According to your preferences, you can modify the percentages or add an other row (for 70% and higher for example).

Once your rule is written, save it. Turn off PopTray and reopen it. It is now ready to check the spam detected by K9.

Note that you can protect some messages by writing the email addresses in both PopTray and K9 white lists (and save it in K9). You can get messages being marked [Spam][100%] by K9 for some emails by writing the email addresses in the K9 black list and saving it.