I hate Gmail . . . .

General discussion about PopTray. You love it? You hate it? Talk about it here.

Moderators: KY Dave, jojobear99, Rdsok

wraaven
First Timer

I hate Gmail . . . .

Post by wraaven » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:23 pm

If my ISP (dslextreme) wasn't so damn good, I'd opt for another DSL ISP. They've just switched to Gmail, and I hate it with a passion. I use Thunderbird email client in conjunction with PopTray. If I preview an email prior to downloading it into Thunderbird, it disappears. That's right, it ends up on my Gmail account instead of Thunderbird.

If that's not annoying enough, when I delete an email, either in PopTray or Thunderbird, it ends up in Gmail's trash. That's just plain irritating. So I end up having to delete my trash in Gmail as well as in Thunderbird. My ISP is useless here. They're at the toe of the learning curve with Gmail and offer no assistance.

Anyone, any advise (other than the obvious)?

Thanks,

Wraaven+

Phototaker
Still here

Post by Phototaker » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:44 am

I'm only starting to get a handle of some of Gmails features. I can now send from Thunderbird emails what have my ISP's address on them OR Gmails. I can send emails from Gmail that either have Gmails address on them or my ISP's email address. It might be that your problem is not realizing that you might have more choices that you are aware of.
Thanks in advance