Suddenly, after I run PT the email heading is staying in PT.

General discussion about PopTray. You love it? You hate it? Talk about it here.

Moderators: KY Dave, jojobear99, Rdsok

ratchet
Enthusiast

Suddenly, after I run PT the email heading is staying in PT.

Post by ratchet » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:52 am

Then, when I boot it alerts and still shows the mail even though it has even been deleted from even the server. This has just started to occur. Only thing new Is IE8 (errrr!) which I really don't even use! Anyway, any suggestions? Thank You!

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:50 am

What method are you using to ensure the email really is deleted from the server?

ratchet
Enthusiast

Post by ratchet » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:40 am

Rdsok wrote:What method are you using to ensure the email really is deleted from the server?
Delete from Inbox>Delete from Deleted Items Folder. This is what I've always done.

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:07 am

That is no way to verify that the email was actually removed. Either use another email client with it set to delete them on retrieval ( which is the default setting for most... ) or better yet access it from the webmail interface if your provider has that available.

I suspect that the email is actually there and Poptray is just showing that.

ratchet
Enthusiast

Post by ratchet » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:18 am

Rdsok wrote:That is no way to verify that the email was actually removed. Either use another email client with it set to delete them on retrieval ( which is the default setting for most... ) or better yet access it from the webmail interface if your provider has that available.

I suspect that the email is actually there and Poptray is just showing that.

I believe I solved it! Hard to believe this scenario never occurred before...PT was enabled to "Delete Mail only on Next Check": I must have did a reboot right after receiving/deleting mail. Then when I tested it, I did the same thing. The light bulb came on and I ran another test but waited 10 minutes and it was gone! Thank You!