PT not starting at boot! What is the best way to get it

General discussion about PopTray. You love it? You hate it? Talk about it here.

Moderators: KY Dave, jojobear99, Rdsok

ratchet
Enthusiast

PT not starting at boot! What is the best way to get it

Post by ratchet » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:27 pm

back? It is not in the list of my startup programs anymore. I'd had it delaying a few minutes using WinPatrol (realize I could have just set that in PT settings) but have since uninstalled WP so that is how it became corrupted I'm sure even though I removed all of the delayed programs before uninstallation. I tried adding it into the Programs>Startup folder but that didn't work. Obviously I have it set to start in PT settings. Thank You!

Can I just reinstall over the present setup, there by saving all my settings?

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:20 am

Well... really its hard to say when you don't provide any information to base a guess on....

What version of Windows?
What antivirus or other protection software do you have running?

ratchet
Enthusiast

Post by ratchet » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:08 pm

Rdsok wrote:Well... really its hard to say when you don't provide any information to base a guess on....

What version of Windows?
What antivirus or other protection software do you have running?
XP Home, SP3. Not a security app problem. Has performed flawlessly for years. I can enter the .exe file in Startup Programs but when I check PT "Account" info it's blank. Going to try an install without uninstalling first and see if it fixes the situation. If not, I'll just bite the bullet and start a new account setup.

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:10 am

You may want to read this viewtopic.php?t=2942 so you know what to backup for any future issues caused by a corruption etc

ratchet
Enthusiast

Post by ratchet » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:15 am

Well, this was sooooooo easy! Installing "over" existing program didn't correct the problem, so I did an uninstallation. During the uninstall you are asked if you want to save your configuration files (or something like that, it was late last night!). After installation everything is normal again and all accounts and settings were the same! Thank you for the replies!