So I've (semi) successfully added another POP3 account, but!

General discussion about PopTray. You love it? You hate it? Talk about it here.

Moderators: KY Dave, jojobear99, Rdsok

ratchet
Enthusiast

So I've (semi) successfully added another POP3 account, but!

Post by ratchet » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:22 pm

My original account is OE. I've added a Thunderbird account. Notifying works great, however, not that it is a huge deal, but unless I'm doing something wrong, PT can only open one email program, i.e. either/or but not both. Is this correct? Thank you!

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:57 pm

An account is where your email client gets the email for your email address. Outlook Express and Thunderbird are email clients... they are not accounts, they access accounts.

You can either configure Poptray to open a particular email client for a particular account ... or you can setup Poptray to use just one email client for all accounts. All of these can be set from the settings for Poptray or in the account settings area.

ratchet
Enthusiast

Post by ratchet » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:23 pm

Rdsok wrote:An account is where your email client gets the email for your email address. Outlook Express and Thunderbird are email clients... they are not accounts, they access accounts.

You can either configure Poptray to open a particular email client for a particular account ... or you can setup Poptray to use just one email client for all accounts. All of these can be set from the settings for Poptray or in the account settings area.
I did mean to use the word application! Anyway, when I open either Account (from the tabs)>Options>Default>E-mail Program and change the client it changes them both. Perhaps I didn't explain it correctly. After a notification (OE client Red) and run PT I'd like that account to open and after a notification (Tb client Yellow) I'd like that account to open. As it stands now, PT only runs one client, OE (I'm using it since that is my primary account) so the Tb account can't be accessed from PT. "configure Poptray to open a particular email client for a particular account"...so how do I do that? Thank you!
p.s. It's fixed! I closed/started PT.

ratchet
Enthusiast

Post by ratchet » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:13 pm

Well now today it is only opening OE, where as yesterday if there was mail in the Tb account it would open that client.

p.s. If I run test for the Tb account it opens it. But with a message (yellow/Tb client) alert sitting in the taskbar it opened OE.

p.s. #2 It just worked from the tray. Go figure!

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:25 pm

The taskbar icon will open either your Windows default client or the main default client you setup in Poptray... it is only from within the program, when you have an account window open does the individually configured email clients open

I'd suggest you take the time to at least read through the Poptray help file documentation once at least so you know how it works.