Problems using PopTray and K9 with Windows Vista?

General discussion about PopTray. You love it? You hate it? Talk about it here.

Moderators: KY Dave, jojobear99, Rdsok

Problems using PopTray and K9 with Windows Vista?

Post by kandoo » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:19 am

For several years I have been using PopTray and K9 to monitor several POP3 email accounts on a computer running Windows XP Pro. I used the setup instructions provided by KY Dave in this forum and have never had a problem. I recently did the same setup on a computer running Windows Vista Home Premium. When I use PopTray to check mail it does so with no problem. However, the emails never appear in the Recent Emails tab of K9. I even used the POP3 Server Check in K9 to check the server and it downloaded the messages but they still don't show up in the Recent Emails tab. I checked that the Firewall is not blocking K9 or the port but if it were PopTray couldn't retrieve the emails since it's configured to check via the K9 server ( and port (9999). Has anyone else used this setup successfully with Vista or can anyone suggest a solution?

PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:52 am

Other than suggesting to try running K9 with the UAC disabled in Win7... not much else I can think of to say since this is the Poptray forum and not a K9 forum