Poptray forgetting email client

Found a serious/minor bug in PopTray? Tell me about it.

Moderators: KY Dave, jojobear99, Rdsok

Priestes
First Timer

Poptray forgetting email client

Post by Priestes » Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:41 pm

I did not have this problem on windows 98 but have recently changed my OS to XP. I am using the latest version of poptray and have used poptray for a long time and never had a problem with it remembering my email client. I use Courier which is the new Calypso.

When I reset the email client location it works for a few sessions then goes back to giving me an error message and half loads the courier logo then says it cannot find Error loading (the directory location and email name) Then it says try again. If I go in and retype the location or do a search on it it loads it again for several sessions then I get this error again. Anyone else having this problem? Is there a way to correct it?

I have the hard drive partitioned whether this makes any difference and the email client on the F drive. Which it was on the old computer running 98. So not sure this makes any difference as long as it points to the directory of the email client.

pviton
Enthusiast

Post by pviton » Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:59 pm

I've not had this problem on XP (pro). I suppose one question is, what happens to poptray.ini when things get confused? The path to the email exe should be in the [options] section: does it get deleted, changed or what?