Blank Emails

Found a serious/minor bug in PopTray? Tell me about it.

Moderators: KY Dave, jojobear99, Rdsok

barmag
Still here

Blank Emails

Post by barmag » Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:23 am

I keep receiving emails where the "From", "To" and "Subject" are all blank. In other words, I cannot see the name of the sender even if I go with the cursor on top of it. But I do see it in Pegasus, my email client. In the Selective Mail Download of Pegasus, the name (not the address) appears in the "From" section of that program but the "Subject" for this name is, of course, also blank. (Pegasus does not have the "To" section, an important feature.) Now the question: First of all, how come I'm able to view it in Pegasus and not in PopTray? And secondly, how can I add these no- names to the Rules of PopTray to delete from the server automatically?

lemming
Groupie

Empty To: and Subject:

Post by lemming » Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:09 pm

I don't use pegasus so I dunno why you have that problem.

But I have precisely such a rule to delete mails with empty To: and Subject:

This is what it looks like:

Make sure you choose the Needed -> ALL Rows option.

Note that there's a small chance this rule will catch valid emails. For e.g. if your friend sends out BCC: mail to a bunch of people and forgets to type a subject. This would result in blank To: and Subject: mail.

But really, anyone who sends out BCC: mail without a subject deserves to be ignored. :wink:

barmag
Still here

Completey Empty Headers

Post by barmag » Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:05 pm

Just noticed your reply. I thought I'd be notified when a reply is posted - but apparently, I wasn't.

My question has nothing to do with Pegasus but with PopTray. Pegasus is my email client - where I send letters from.

I wouldn't want to delete mail with empty "To" and "Subject" because I get many of them from friends and other correspondence. But I do want to delete those that have empty "From" AND "To" AND "Subject" and in PopTray I cannot tell who it is from. How would I delete those automatically?

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:37 am

Same way.. just select From and To instead

barmag
Still here

Post by barmag » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:33 am

Thank you. I'll try it.